FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 10-14-2020, 02:36 PM

Default Anyone care to go fishing next week ?

I'm past 6 weeks since my bypass and doctors has given me the ok to go have some fun. I just can't do any heavy lifting. I haven't fished Priest this yr at all and was wondering if anyone would like to go with me as I don't want to go alone the first couple times until I know how I will be on the water. I have the boat if you have any knowledge on fishing the lake. I'm thinking a nice relaxing day, nothing extreme... I'd prefer to go either Monday, Wens or Friday ( I have therapy on Tues/ Thurs )

Anyone ?
Old 10-14-2020, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
I'm past 6 weeks since my bypass and doctors has given me the ok to go have some fun. I just can't do any heavy lifting. I haven't fished Priest this yr at all and was wondering if anyone would like to go with me as I don't want to go alone the first couple times until I know how I will be on the water. I have the boat if you have any knowledge on fishing the lake. I'm thinking a nice relaxing day, nothing extreme... I'd prefer to go either Monday, Wens or Friday ( I have therapy on Tues/ Thurs )

Anyone ?
I would love to take you up on your offer but I’ll be working all week.. I hope someone takes you up on the generous offer. God speed.
Old 10-14-2020, 09:24 PM

Quote:

Anyone ?
I wish I could take you up on the offer. But I'm busy as well. I might suggest a facebook group called Percy Priest bass anglers. I am sure there will be someone to go with you. A lot of really good guys on there. I hope you get out and get a line stretched.
Old 10-16-2020, 10:13 PM

I'm a last minute kind of guy but those are the days that I fish. I work nights and don't have set time that I get off. With that said if I get off at a decent time and you can go in the afternoon then I'm game. I've got a quite a bit of experience on the lower end
Old 10-17-2020, 06:55 AM

I have to work during the week but I hope someone can take up your offer.. I hope you get well soon.

Last edited by Heiny57; 10-17-2020 at 07:16 AM.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:11 PM

Well I ended up going to Fate Sanders, first time. Priest is dumping water big time. By the look of things, looks like they have dropped 3 feet already. It was a nice day, waters are 68-70*. Didn't catch anything as I was totally unfamiliar with this part of this lake... who am I kidding, Priest period.. I did get a couple bites and found a nice lime green crank bait and lost a ned rig. I knew I was going to lose it as soon as I threw it.... in a tree 30' UP the bluff. The kicker was it fell out of the tree and in the water after the line broke.. 20' closer and I would caught it as it would have fallen back into the boat... Now that would have been good for a laugh for sure.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:13 AM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Well I ended up going to Fate Sanders, first time. Priest is dumping water big time. By the look of things, looks like they have dropped 3 feet already. It was a nice day, waters are 68-70*. Didn't catch anything as I was totally unfamiliar with this part of this lake... who am I kidding, Priest period.. I did get a couple bites and found a nice lime green crank bait and lost a ned rig. I knew I was going to lose it as soon as I threw it.... in a tree 30' UP the bluff. The kicker was it fell out of the tree and in the water after the line broke.. 20' closer and I would caught it as it would have fallen back into the boat... Now that would have been good for a laugh for sure.
Actually, They just started lowering the lake a few days ago.
According to the TVA INFO web page, the lake is at 489.40 elevation which is about 7" down from summer pool, which is 490.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
Actually, They just started lowering the lake a few days ago.
According to the TVA INFO web page, the lake is at 489.40 elevation which is about 7" down from summer pool, which is 490.

Maybe so but I can recognize water line unless 7" can cover 3' of shore line... which is possible