FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 11-09-2017, 11:48 PM

Default Just throwing it out there

I had an amazing day on JPP today. We caught at least 75 bass between me and my buddy and left them biting. Most of the bass were 1.5-3lbs. 90% of these fish were caught in 2 small spots. I absolutely loved to bass fish as a kid but never really had anyone take me. We always catfished. Im willing to share these locations with someone here that's looking to take a kid fishing this weekend. I don't personally know anyone on this site except for Merv so it's pretty much an honor system. If I give you the locations of these easy to find spots then I really hope you hold up to your end of the bargain. I know what a day like today would have meant to me as a kid. I'm not promising a day like today but I have no doubt that these fish will be there at least until the water comes all the way back down on Priest. Send me a PM if interested.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:30 AM

I am not sure about mentioning Merv and the honor system in the same sentence. He will tell you that he has 12 kids just to get your hot spots. Of course, he has a child mentality so maybe you should give him some locations.

Seriously, I hope someone will take this opportunity that you are offering to make a kid happy and not abuse your kindness. Hope to meet you one day.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:04 AM

What if I take Samoblie? I mean it's like taking a child. I would have to tie his hooks on, bait it and probably even cast for him.

Last edited by XxthejuicexX; 11-10-2017 at 11:01 AM.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:48 AM

That s a great offer, but my boys are grown and on their oun now. But I will take them if you share.

That is a generous gesture .
Old 11-10-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
I am not sure about mentioning Merv and the honor system in the same sentence. He will tell you that he has 12 kids just to get your hot spots. Of course, he has a child mentality so maybe you should give him some locations.

Seriously, I hope someone will take this opportunity that you are offering to make a kid happy and not abuse your kindness. Hope to meet you one day.
Lol. Good point.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:45 AM

I sent YETI-14 a message with the locations. He was the first one who messaged me. Every one who messaged me seemed deserving so since he was the first; I gave him the info. I hope he takes his son and catches a bunch. I really hope I don't end up looking like a fool and somehow the fish aren't there or don't bite. Good Luck YETI and give us a report on how it went.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
I sent YETI-14 a message with the locations. He was the first one who messaged me. Every one who messaged me seemed deserving so since he was the first; I gave him the info. I hope he takes his son and catches a bunch. I really hope I don't end up looking like a fool and somehow the fish aren't there or don't bite. Good Luck YETI and give us a report on how it went.

Sometimes that happens.... I look like a fool more often than not ( Shut up Sambolie ) If the water stays up I bet they stay in place. I just found out there is a high school event out of Fate sanders tomorrow, YAY boat traffic.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:37 PM

I recall a time when my buddy and I caught 50+ Smallmouth one day on 3" Berkley Power Bait Grubs. Ran out of grubs...went to Box-Marx, bought the rack went back to the lake and did it again. Very plausible... JPP is the most prolific lake I have ever fished.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:30 PM

My son and I went out this morning to a couple of spots Texas Rig shared. It was 43 degrees early with a light north wind. Water was 54 degrees. We caught 6 fish and the largest was 15”. Water seemed to have gone down at least a foot. We had a blast and I want to thank TR again for his generosity. Like I tell my son”that’s why it’s called fishing and not catching” haha
Old 11-11-2017, 06:52 PM

Man I hate to hear that. My biggest fear of telling someone they should go fish there was that they wouldn't catch anything. It's crazy to think that many fish were there and gone that fast.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:46 PM

I just talked to my buddy that fished with me Thursday and he said that him and another buddy went back yesterday and caught about 50 more in those spots. Yeti, I think those spots just need a rest. If ur back in that area in the near future then it might be worth another try.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:22 PM

My dad and I caught 15 today, all in a stretch of about 40 yards. We got out late and really did not start bass fishing until around 2:30 because of the high school tournament, 130 boats. We checked 3 spots around 10 this morning and every spot had 3 or so boats on it so we looked for crappie, found a few stragglers but no schools. My dad caught one a little over 4lbs which made his day, fun watching him bring that fish in. We actually doubled up when he hung that one so I swung my 14"er in and grabbed the net to get his. All of ours came on swim baits and spinner baits right up on the bank.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:52 AM

Maybe we went too early in the day or we just aren’t good fishermen. Either is very likely. Haha