FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 03-10-2012, 06:17 PM
ALANRAYG2

Default antique lures

I have a friend in Camden that has some old Bagleys, AC Shiners,Rebels etc. He is looking for a book or person to tell him what he has and it's worth. He might consider an offer on the lot. I have not seen his stuff yet so I can't help much. I will be going over there crappie fishing soon. I might be able to get some pics. Does anyone know a collector that he can take his stuff to and get an idea of it's worth. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:49 AM

I have a lot if vintage lures as well. My rapala boxes (discontinued models) are "worth" over a couple thousand if they sold at what Ebay has some listed at.

The problem is this: collectors or buyers these days won't pay for bulk as much as they used to the past. You can get rid of a group of them but mostly they will wait and pay a premium price on individual lures in specific colors still in the box.

Can you get a list of which he has and/or a photo. I may be interested.

I have a box of Bagley's in several models/colors. Those are nicely made lures. IF you fish for trout, you should buy the AC's off him. They are a great action for browns and unlike that of rapalas or rogues. Rebel discontinued the Wee R line officially this year. It has been around since the 70's or so. It's my favourite crankbait all time.

Last edited by Travis C.; 03-12-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:26 AM

Google "antique fishing lures" and you'll find a few web pages with price lists that will get you started.

bd
Old 03-12-2012, 02:02 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Warmans-Fishin.../dp/0873496922

Unless he is just trying to make some cash, the Bagley's (killer b's in particular) were awesome crankbaits. They'll still catch a heck of a lot of fish now. Hard to beat a good balsa crankbaits wobble. If its Smoo's or the one that looks like a shad rap they weren't really as good fishing wise.

As far as the Rebels, if they are in the Wee-R line (Super Deep, Deep, Deep Teeny or square bills and humpys) then in my honest opinion there has not ever been a better crankbait made for fishing a river setting.

Just because they are out-dated or don't have a signature on the side won't rule out the fish catching ability of these. Every boat that pulls up to a point may run a bandit 200 series or Strike King Series by them all day long. Think how good something different will look.

Last edited by Travis C.; 03-12-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:18 AM
ALANRAYG2

bc Thanks for the suggestion I'll do that.

Travis C, I'll try to get some pics later this spring. We are crappie fishing and busy making lures. Dan lives a couple hours away and has no internet or digital camera. He has bad shoulders and can't throw cranks for very long. I can't either. I think that's why he has decided to get rid of them. He has many more crank baits than me and I have 100's. Neither one of us trout fish so I guess I'll let them go to someone who will use them. It might be May before I can get the pics. I'll let him know about the book too. Thanks,