FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 09-03-2015, 04:26 PM

Where is Beasleys and how much ?
Old 09-04-2015, 08:33 AM

I had a disastrous opening day. I scouted, found birds, and they were all on the other side of the field come opening day. That same side had almost no action when I scouted. I had very few birds come my way, shot at about 13-14 long range birds and missed them all. Got to the field at 7am to get a good spot..what I thought would be a good spot. I blew a vacation day for this too.

I'm planning to go a few times this weekend and hopefully make up for the loss.

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

SUMKINA Bait Company Prostaff
Old 09-08-2015, 11:05 AM

Beasley Hunt is on Beasley Rd down in Chapel Hill. I went to it years ago and me and my dad always did well. I've been doing other hunts, but apparently they still know how to bring in the birds. It's legal from what I could tell. He charged 30$ back then. That may have changed though
Old 09-08-2015, 03:29 PM

I need to look into that next season. After what I saw at the TWRA Percy Priest field Saturday, I may never hunt a public field again. I saw some genius shoot a bird on the ground, firing toward a row of corn, and not bother to holler toward the hunters to make sure nobody might have been directly behind that bird. The same genius later on walked out to flush a bird that landed. This dove barely cleared the row of corn, which is just a tad taller than me, and shot that bird. That type of idiocy is going to badly injure or kill someone during a dove hunt, it's only a matter of time. I'm definitely a supporter of the 2nd Amendment but some people are just too stupid to have guns and they're the ones that give us a bad name.

I made up for the opening day fail though. I have 13 doves in my fridge right now thanks to my Father carving out a few small fields on his land that he hunts. He said I can use them before deer season so he planted sunflowers and millet. I was able to jump shoot several, quail hunting style, as well as sit and see singles and doubles come over the trees and pick them off. Nice and peaceful, no morons, and I have another shot this weekend to get more if I don't have to work.

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

SUMKINA Bait Company Prostaff
Old 09-08-2015, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2t View Post
I need to look into that next season. After what I saw at the TWRA Percy Priest field Saturday, I may never hunt a public field again. I saw some genius shoot a bird on the ground, firing toward a row of corn, and not bother to holler toward the hunters to make sure nobody might have been directly behind that bird. The same genius later on walked out to flush a bird that landed. This dove barely cleared the row of corn, which is just a tad taller than me, and shot that bird. That type of idiocy is going to badly injure or kill someone during a dove hunt, it's only a matter of time. I'm definitely a supporter of the 2nd Amendment but some people are just too stupid to have guns and they're the ones that give us a bad name.

I made up for the opening day fail though. I have 13 doves in my fridge right now thanks to my Father carving out a few small fields on his land that he hunts. He said I can use them before deer season so he planted sunflowers and millet. I was able to jump shoot several, quail hunting style, as well as sit and see singles and doubles come over the trees and pick them off. Nice and peaceful, no morons, and I have another shot this weekend to get more if I don't have to work.
But, I thought said you were there.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2t View Post
I may never hunt a public field again.
Wising up!