FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 12-07-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
I bet you see light when you hear Obama give an optimistic speech. Since he talks out his ass there is no light at the end of his tunnel.
Hahaha! I don't listen to a word Obama says!

Mike
Old 12-08-2012, 09:01 AM
lupan

Default Thankful

I wrote to Alexander and thanked his office. Please do and ask other to also. It will help the cause.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Owner and Administrator

Thumbs down Diane Black's Response <'TK><

Pretty much what I expected ... She's not going to get involved yet and wants us to contact the Corps .. ... She doesn't have a clue .. I received this today ... Most of you probably did as well ... <'TK><

Dear Mr. Walker,

Thank you for contacting me regarding boat access to Nashville District Dams. As a proud member of the Congressional Sportsman's Caucus, and a boat owner myself, I recognize the importance of access to waterways for fishing and other recreational activities. I am proud to have worked to uphold Tennessee's rich outdoor tradition both on the state level as well as the federal level.

Upon receiving your correspondence, I contacted the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to learn more about this proposal. The Corps indicated that their Nashville district is developing a plan to restrict access to hazardous waterways beginning early next year, with a public release of the plan expected sometime this month. I am hopeful that this plan will strike a balance between respect for the rights of boat owners and fisherman while upholding public safety and security. I look forward to reviewing the plan once it is released and urge you to do the same.

I also encourage you to contact the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers directly so that they may know your thoughts on this issue as well. They can be reached by phone at 615-736-7161 or via US mail at the address listed below:

CELRN-PA

P.O. Box 1070

Nashville, TN 37202-1070
Old 12-10-2012, 10:42 PM
Owner and Administrator

Exclamation Reply to Diane Black <'TK><

Diane, you are a day short ... Your staff needs to pick up the pace ... This has been out since mid November ... Members of this website which is well over 2000 have been contacting everyone ... including the Corps ... We know about the greater things that is more important to our country than this .. And you need to try to do what you can do (don't sell us out like Bob Corker did) But please stay abreast of what is going on in your Neighborhood ... Your email came in after the fact ..... We haven't been setting on our hands ... Check these out ... Every post !! http://fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=5937... http://fishingtn.com/showthread.php?t=6034... Thanks for any help in this matter ... If you will really research this you will find out that the Corps really does not have any basis for the .. safety or sercurity ??? Contact Doug Markham of the TWRA He will enlighten you ...

Thanks for any real concern and help in the future on this matter ...

Capt. Terry K. Walker
USCG retired
Owner Fishingtn.com

-----Original Message-----
To: oldoutboardbarn <oldoutboardbarn@aol.com>
Sent: Mon, Dec 10, 2012 7:37 am
Subject: Responding to your message

Dear Mr. Walker,

Thank you for contacting me regarding boat access to Nashville District Dams. As a proud member of the Congressional Sportsman's Caucus, and a boat owner myself, I recognize the importance of access to waterways for fishing and other recreational activities. I am proud to have worked to uphold Tennessee's rich outdoor tradition both on the state level as well as the federal level.

Upon receiving your correspondence, I contacted the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to learn more about this proposal. The Corps indicated that their Nashville district is developing a plan to restrict access to hazardous waterways beginning early next year, with a public release of the plan expected sometime this month. I am hopeful that this plan will strike a balance between respect for the rights of boat owners and fisherman while upholding public safety and security. I look forward to reviewing the plan once it is released and urge you to do the same.

I also encourage you to contact the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers directly so that they may know your thoughts on this issue as well. They can be reached by phone at 615-736-7161 or via US mail at the address listed below:

CELRN-PA
P.O. Box 1070
Nashville, TN 37202-1070

Sincerely,

Diane Black
Member of Congress
P.S. Stay up-to-date on key legislation and events; sign up for my weekly e-newsletter and follow me on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

Last edited by tkwalker; 12-11-2012 at 02:31 AM.