FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 04-29-2011, 02:39 AM

If you drive over Percy Priest Dam from Stewarts Ferry Pk, go all the way down until it dead ends. If you're still able to park you car there, walk through the rocks down to the boat ramp that is no longer in use (just past Nashville Shores). They've caught some good sized hybrid there the last few years. I haven't been down that way recently, but I know they've been caught there. They've also been caught on both sides of the dam off the rocks (as already mentioned). I'm sure there will be some anglers down there that will be willing to pass some information if you strike up a conversation; or just watch them for a bit and see what's working.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:04 AM

Wow, with the recent rains, Priest is now 7 feet above normal summer pool. Water is way up the banks into the trees. Bank fishing is going to be tough for awhile.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:28 AM

Well, it depends. If you can find a place where a feeder creek is emptying into the lake, sometimes you can catch a bunch in that area when the water is high.

bd
Old 04-29-2011, 09:03 AM

Access points will be limited. Even with chest waders, in many areas one will not be able to get out of the woods to the open water.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:34 PM

Yep What They said. I went Wednesday before the big storms and it was up to my crotch only 6 feet from the bank.