FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Equipment For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 02-06-2013, 06:29 PM
ALANRAYG2

Default Fishing lure rods reels etc....

I have a friend that lives in Big Sandy, Tn. He passed away a while back. Any way his wife wants to sell his fishing stuff. I have another friend in Camden Dan, that is a much closer friend to them. We are teaming up to help Jo to liquidate Bob's fishing stuff. He was a fishing hoarder. He has thousands of crank baits some are antiques. soft Plastics of all kinds most are new in unopened packs. dozens of Rods, reels some are unused . Once we get the items sorted I'll be listing them here and online. Might even go to a show or two.
Is there anything you guys are looking for specific let me know. I'll set it aside and let you know when it is available. I would imagine many things will sell well below retail. most of the things Bob has are related to bass fishing. Dan said he did see a few things for crappie fishing. more later Thanks Alan
Old 02-06-2013, 08:18 PM

Default might be...

I might be interested in any big worms (ten inch or better) Norman crank baits and any Garcia reels.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:55 PM

I would be interested in the crappie tackle and baits.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:01 PM
rookie

I would be interested in excalibur lures or Crappie stuff as well!!, please keep us posted, thank you!!
Old 02-06-2013, 09:01 PM

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Hope you guys can help his wife out in getting rid of the gear.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:11 PM

pm sent with my list wish
Old 02-06-2013, 09:15 PM
ALANRAYG2

I hope to get up there in a couple or three weeks. She wants everything gone by June. Her house is for sale and if it's not sold by June she will auction it off as well. I talked with Dan and he said there must be around 200 rods and reels. Many are new with the wrappers on them. I will be making a list to take up with me. He has antiques too. some wooden creek chubs, jitterbugs etc. He might have some new zebco cardinal reels too. He has 1000's upon 1000' of lures and soft plastics. Two sheds full. I'll keep you all up to date on the item. Oh he has some lure making stuff too. Dan said there were about 100 spinnerbaits. They are out of the mold unpainted and the wires are straight. There might be some skirting too. Thanks Guys you are making this a lot easier for us.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:28 PM
ALANRAYG2

Thanks guys, I will pass this list onto Dan tomorrow. When we get to digging into the boxes I'll be listing items on here before listing them online. Be patient as it will be a few weeks before I can get up there and do an inventory. I have a bathroom and remodel first.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:23 AM

I am sorry for the loss of your friend and my thoughts and prayers go out to the wife as she makes these horrible adjustments to her life. I hope we can make it easier and quicker for her.

Mike
Old 02-07-2013, 09:04 AM

Shimano Stradics, LH Baitcasters, Ocean rods/reels, anything Rapala.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:10 PM

If you come actoss and jaw tech soft plastics I'll take them. Edpecially g tails. Always looking for rods and reels.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:44 PM

If you have a heavy rod/reel setup that I can use for rockfish I'd be interested. Something that can handle the power of those fish and a reel that I can put 200-300 yds of 30lb braid on.

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

SUMKINA Bait Company Prostaff
Old 02-08-2013, 09:54 PM

LH baitcaster. Baicaster rods. Might be interested in a spinning rod or reel medium action /size.

Crankbaits and jerkbaits.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:19 PM
ALANRAYG2

I hope to get up to see the lure collection before the end of the month. I am told that almost everything all of you have listed will be in the collection with the exception of left handed reels and heavy rods. But you never know. think most of the crankbaits requested will be available. There will be tons of plastics too. We will be looking for collectible tackle in his collection. I'm not sure what he'll have. I will post more as I get information for you. Thanks.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:40 PM

Default Fishing Rods

I would be interested in any medium to ultra-light spinning rods, 6.5-7.5'

Also, molds for jigs or equipment for pouring the lead.

Sorry to hear about your friend.