FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 04-20-2011, 10:31 PM

Default Couldn't believe my eyes.

I have been trying to find depths to my crankbaits in my crankbait boxes for my tackle bag. Then I will write model# and diving depths so it will be easier when grabbing for something to fish in the placing I am at.

Let me start by saying all my lures are older as we bought bulk back years ago and upon looking for the diving depths to my Rapala's found something that shocked me.

Almost all of them are discontinued.

My boat bag has 5 boxes of crankbaits containing Shad Raps (box1), Down Deep Rattling Fat Raps (box2), Down Deep Rattling Fat Raps (box3), Rattling Fat Raps (box4) and Risto Raps (box5).

Based on EBay and my search so far I have been fishing with about $2500 worth of crankbaits only counting three of those boxes.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:25 PM

Don't add up your rods and reels to that total! I have at least that many Rapala baits plus 16 rod and reel combo's on the deck and in the rod lockers. May as well have something for any possible scenario, I am fishing Old Hickory so you have to go prepared.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:13 AM
lupan

Default Lure Shame

I purchased a bunch of lures in Japan over the years. I tallied up one box, small maybe 6X6 inches. It probably have $1000 worth of lures, most of them small.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:26 AM

I am afraid to keep adding. There are still three rubbermaid tubs of lures in the garage. That was just in my bag I carry with me. Rods then reels and heck might as well go into money spent on fly fishing or boat.

Don't let he wifey know.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:06 PM
clean air

I found the same type of rapala cranks in my boxes stored away.I didnt know they didnt make them anymore.They were good crankbaits .Wonder why they stopped making them.Bagley used to make a db2 and db3 that were my favorite crankbait.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:10 AM

Shad raps have been discontinued??? You're kidding!

I'm "out of the loop" since I hardly do anything but fly fish these days, but I can't imagine why such an effective lure would ever be taken out of circulation.

bd
Old 04-30-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd- View Post
Shad raps have been discontinued??? You're kidding!
bd
All my boxes in my boat bag but the shad rap box are discontinued. I doubt they would ever discontinue those but you know they have dropped a bunch of really good colors in the basla version and I don't think they plastic is as good.