FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 05-02-2012, 09:15 AM

Default On the Caney 5/1/12

Went to the Caney yesterday and thought it was going to be a bad day.When I catch a trout on the first cast,not good omen.However,the third cast I caught a Rainbow which measured around 18".Finished the day with 14 on counter,10 of them were browns and out of them I have pictures on my ruler which measured 20",21" and the last one I caught was 18" and I caught it as the water was coming up and I needed to get out of the water since I was wading.Cut it to close. Numbers were not that high for three hours of fishing,but like it has been the last three weeks,the fish,mainly Browns,have been nice healthy fish.Lots of fun when using 2 lb test line and fluro.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (19.9 KB, 101 views)
Old 05-02-2012, 09:28 AM

What were you fishing with? We're going up Saturday and fishing the river dam to betty's and Sunday on the lake. I could use all the advice I can get.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:41 AM

2lb and fluoro sounds like Trout Magnets. That last time I was up there noticed how healthy all the fished looked. I am thankful for the new regs and they are showing up in quality.

Good looking brown.. Welcome...
Old 05-02-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adough View Post
What were you fishing with? We're going up Saturday and fishing the river dam to betty's and Sunday on the lake. I could use all the advice I can get.
I was trying some new items we have at TM. I tried Chartreuse Jig heads with chartreuse bodies.Also did well using the new Mini Trout Magnets under a float by themselves.White and Chartreuse the best. Also caught trout on white using black jig heads. I was looking for deep holes and floating the TM just off the bottom.The only fish I caught in shallow water were a couple of stocker browns.