FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 06-11-2015, 07:16 AM
Fishing TN Staff

Default KBFTN Fate Sanders Recap

We had 37 anglers unite for the Fate Sanders Tournament Tuesday evening. We had 5 or 6 spectators watching registration, launch, and awards. We had one heckler, I think she had spent too much time in the sun that day, and maybe a few to many adult beverages.

I had a game plan of fishing deep humps and ledges and that is what I did. Unfortunately it didn't pay out, but at least I stuck to a plan and didn't run and gun.

There are a lot of inconsiderate boaters out there. The jet skis, and skiers kept their distance, but the fishermen would cruise right over where I was fishing not 30' from me, and some would troll, some would be on plane, I also had 2 different boaters pull 60' from me and start casting where I was. What ever happened to respect? If someone is fishing an area I let them have it, if I would like to fish that same hump, or same ledge within 60-80 yards then I will ask that person if they mind. Nobody was even as considerate to ask how I was doing, or even look at me.

The big fish 20.75" was caught by Craig Dye off a brush pile in 11' of water. He cruised over it, saw it on the electronics, turned and casted and bam.

The 18.25" fish was a smallmouth caught by Mike Taylor.

The points running is close, but Craig dye is leading in points, money, and total inches, the trifecta.

Our next tournament is on the Cumberland River Saturday June 20th. This is an all day tournament, 5 fish limit, and you will draw the ramp you will be using the morning of. If you would like to use a partner for shuttles that is welcome. More details will follow shortly.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:15 AM

im sure it wasnt funny at the time, but i cant help but wonder how one would heckle a kayak fishing event? In my childish head its playing out hilariously. sitting on shore "Hey fisher fisher....fisher fisher....SET fisher fisher SET! LOL
Im sure it wasnt anything close to that, just a bunch of errant hollering at everybody and drunk slurs, which would get annoying!
Old 06-11-2015, 08:23 AM

My first guess would be tournament fishermen who intruded on your fishing, but I do not know of a tournament (other than yours) on Tuesday evening, at least out of Fate Sanders. Many on that lake have no clue about courtesy (courtesy left Priest about 20 years ago, I have seen people watching me with binoculars and then they are fishing where I was at the next day) and if you are fishing humps and ledges out of a kayak, you for sure need to be careful! I have fished humps and ledges on that lake for over 25 years and you can almost be run over while fishing out of a bass boat, much less a kayak. Nothing wrong with it, just be careful. Many boats have run by me (anchored) almost close enough to step into their boat and when the big pleasure boats go by real slow, it can get interesting when the BIG rollers come through. I don't know, maybe the kayak takes the big rollers better, but I do not care to find out. Just saying be careful.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:29 AM
Owner and Administrator

Red face I understand !! <'TK><

"There are a lot of inconsiderate boaters out there. The jet skis, and skiers kept their distance, but the fishermen would cruise right over where I was fishing not 30' from me, and some would troll, some would be on plane, I also had 2 different boaters pull 60' from me and start casting where I was. What ever happened to respect? If someone is fishing an area I let them have it, if I would like to fish that same hump, or same ledge within 60-80 yards then I will ask that person if they mind. Nobody was even as considerate to ask how I was doing, or even look at me." Jeremy

Jeremy, I understand the frustrations. That is why I only Guided in the river environment. And that wasn't always free from the inconsiderate..

Sounds like it was a good day all and all but the best thing is that everyone came back safe ... <'TK><
Old 06-11-2015, 10:53 AM

First of all, congrats on the tournament! But I hear what you are saying, lat weekend on Chickamauga you could not let anyone see if you had a fish on or else there were a few boats that would pull right up next to you and cast in the same exact spot. Also had several bass boats run straight through where we were casting, but sometimes you just have to take deep breath and just be happy you are out on the water.

Luke Byerly
Old 06-11-2015, 04:08 PM
Master Trout Magnet

I fish a few different lakes around...it is the same no matter the lake. It is a shame this is what it has come to.

Regards
Old 06-11-2015, 07:25 PM

It is the Bass Tourney fishermen that are the worst and this also goes for the damn Hook1 wrapped boat too as he once blew into two-foot and swamped me.
Then did it again leaving the cove and was not there 15 mins.

I should have know to be wary as he blew into Shutes to pu a rider and rocked the hell out of the area.

Yeah I always punch it around yaks so I dig less water and make less of a wake.
As for other bass boats I idle pass if possible.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:52 AM
Fishing TN Staff

I don't mind the people blowing by me, but within pitching distance, that's just uncalled for. Also blowing directly over where I'm casting. When I'm fishing ledges and humps I'm taking long casts 35-40 yards, there is no need that you would have to get closer than that to me while on plane, or anytime for that matter. I had one boat get within 20 yards of me exactly where I was casting and just watching their electronics. I mean the lake is 14,000 acres, there is more than one hump or ledge.

Hali, get a picture of that Hook1 boat, I'd like to find out who it is.

I'm going to start taking pictures myself.