FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 06-11-2023, 03:44 PM

Default What's going on ?

It's killing me to see this board go dormant like it is. Nothing posted in the last 30 days, so sad.

So I'm going to start blabbing and maybe someone else will join me.

I haven't done much fishing this year, went out and tried for some Walleye up around Cordell only to catch a couple hybrids (I think). Went catfishing a couple times only to catch one each time, but ended up releasing them at the ramp. No sense cleaning just one fish when it could stand to grow a couple pounds.

Sadly I having gone out for bass fishing yet this yr. Worse yet I haven't fished Center Hill this yr. I love this lake but I have not figured it out, even though I see guys posting their catch on FB and I know people are catching fish, I usually leave discouraged.

I have a fish story that will begin with... You ain't gonna believe this sh^t.

Now I've had my 175 since 1-2019 and I can get on the water 4-5 times between fill ups. I generally don't let it get below 1/2 tank just because. Sadly I admit I've only been out twice this yr.

I went fishing a couple days ago and this time I went down river (231 Ramp) instead of up. I think I was on the water a couple hours and decided I was going to head down a couple more miles when all of a sudden the boat /motor felt like I hit some debris... then again. I was like ok I'm not seeing anything, what's up with this when I just so happen to look and my gauge is showing "E". (Oh Hell).

In the few yrs of owning the boat I NEVER allowed it to get any lower than 1/3 tank. So I didn't know how accurate the gauge was or just how low it will pickup.

I'm thinking is it possible the gauge has gone bad ? then another sputter... Needless to say I did a quick U turn and headed back to the ramp praying I wouldn't run out of gas. Some how a miracle happened and I was able to make it the 5-6 miles and power it on the trailer. Headed straight to the nearest gas station that had real gas, 20.5 gals later...... I don't know how I didn't run out of gas as the tank only holds 21 gals.

Moral of the story, Never leave home without checking the gas gauge first.

You can start laughing now....

So there you have it... What has been going on with you ?
Old 06-11-2023, 10:04 PM

Well, that was interesting. Here is me crying in my beer.
I have fished very little over the last 3 years. I have a 98 225 Evinrude on a 200 pro vee Bumble Bee. Well, I started having an intermittent problem. Like it would go into limp mode. No horns, lights.....nothing but 1500 to 2000 rpm. I took it to a local shop to have it looked at. Don't you know they ran close to 30 gallons of gas and ran like a champ. I had left the boat with them 2 years in a row. They did replace a couple things and ir ran stronger but still went into limp mode. So I bought an OMC service manual. The timer base tested bad so I replaced it and had it timed. Ran great for several trip when the weather was cool. When the air temp went over 70 degrees....boom...limp mode. So here we are today. I have replaced the stator, power pack twice once was me and once was the mechanic. All the plugs plug wires and the kill switch.
Thanks to Mercury, I have now been waiting on a new motor 2 or 3 years now. I got a price for 225 at local boat dealer, needless I am still in shock !!!!
I am ready for another test drive. Hopefully it is fixed. Only a couple more things can cause this. Temp sensor oil sensor, I do not get a horn when is goes into limp mode. The shift switch test good. Maybe it can get stuck on stupid, too. I will investigate the kill switch and wires if this continues. So how has your year been going?
Old 06-21-2023, 06:54 AM

Talk to Heath at 4 corners.
He has opened up a new boat repair facility.
Unlimited Outboards 4027 Lavergne Couchville Pike, Antioch, TN 37013
(615) 278-8123

Flatline the fuel sender should be easy to fix. A volt meter should show ohms.
Old 06-21-2023, 07:53 AM

Flatline, I share your sentiments about the forum. Over the years I have made friends with some good people. TK was the catalyst for the forum.
Due to my wife being sick since January I have only fished 3 times this year. Could have caught as many in my back yard.
Old 06-22-2023, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halli View Post
Talk to Heath at 4 corners.
He has opened up a new boat repair facility.
Unlimited Outboards 4027 Lavergne Couchville Pike, Antioch, TN 37013
(615) 278-8123

Flatline the fuel sender should be easy to fix. A volt meter should show ohms.

Nothing that 20.5 gals didn't fix
Old 07-15-2023, 09:38 AM

I fished in the boat a bit this Spring, and went a couple of times with my grown grandson, which was a real treat.

Since it got hot, I’ve gone bream fishing a few times at a local pond. The fish have been eager and colorful, if not particularly challenging to catch.

My 250 Optimax on the jet boat has a four beep warning beep that can either be water in the fuel, or a glitchy oil level sensor. I’ve got everything to fix either one, but have been too lazy to get down to the lake to fix it. I have another older boat, a Bumblebee with a 200 Yamaha that is still running strong. Just need some cooler weather.