FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 08-28-2014, 06:13 PM

Years ago I quail hunted on corp prop. Dove hunting is allowed and I still occasionally deer hunt on JPP prop.
I know, not quite the same...
Old 08-28-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
It doesn't matter, Sambo just wants to argue.

Whether a traffic stop or stopped by TWRA, I announce it either way. Technically, even if you are open carrying, that is not probable cause to stop you or even ask you for your permit. It is merely a courtesy to them that I offer the info.
I simply pointed out the law. That is fact and not an argument.
If you are carrying in a prohibited area that is illegal and you can be arrested, permit or not.
From all I have heard and read it is not wise to OC. The real bad asses may not approach you and then draw. They could slip up with weapon drawn and shoot you before you draw.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:58 PM
SaltySportsmanTV

Thumbs up "Indeathinite"

Nice post and I like the pics. Welcome to the forum!
Old 08-28-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
Prove it?

I've never seen anywhere on Priest that was posted. I, as well as plenty of others here have open-carried, some have dove hunted, I have duck hunted on Priest, I have also participated in field trials at Poole's Knob. Was everybody illegal? Bird Dog and Retriever trials are held regularly at Poole's Knob, sanctioned by TWRA.

Edited to add: Doesn't TWRA operate a pistol range on Corps Property? Maybe Hobson Pk?

Last edited by Pookie; 08-28-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
If you are carrying in a prohibited area that is illegal and you can be arrested, permit or not.
From all I have heard and read it is not wise to OC. The real bad asses may not approach you and then draw. They could slip up with weapon drawn and shoot you before you draw.
That could always happen, I usually CC but sometimes I will OC especially on the lake in my bass boat. I fished the other night and when I left it was dark and there were a couple sketchy guys talking to a young lady in a car, could have been Mervs girlfriend for all I know. When I pulled up with my boat I was on alert at all times and made sure I was aware of my surrounds, If you approach me at night, hand is going to the holster just in case. Main thing is be aware of your surroundings.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Prove it?

I've never seen anywhere on Priest that was posted. I, as well as plenty of others here have open-carried, some have dove hunted, I have duck hunted on Priest, I have also participated in field trials at Poole's Knob. Was everybody illegal? Bird Dog and Retriever trials are held regularly at Poole's Knob, sanctioned by TWRA.

Edited to add: Doesn't TWRA operate a pistol range on Corps Property? Maybe Hobson Pk?
First sign on your right after you turn into Hamilton Creek.
Good ole Metro has it in the rules in small print.

Hunting is permitted in designated areas. I know a guy who turkey hunts across from the rowers dock in Hamilton Creek.
There are designated areas where guns are permitted. This is true on TVA property also.
My point is you can't legally carry except in designated areas.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:10 PM

This may be of benefit.

www.handgunlaw.us/states/tennessee.pdf
Old 08-28-2014, 08:14 PM

Quote:
I have also participated in field trials at Poole's Knob. Was everybody illegal? Bird Dog and Retriever trials are held regularly at Poole's Knob, sanctioned by TWRA.
That's this weekend right?
Old 08-28-2014, 08:31 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
That could always happen, I usually CC but sometimes I will OC especially on the lake in my bass boat. I fished the other night and when I left it was dark and there were a couple sketchy guys talking to a young lady in a car, could have been Mervs girlfriend for all I know. When I pulled up with my boat I was on alert at all times and made sure I was aware of my surrounds, If you approach me at night, hand is going to the holster just in case. Main thing is be aware of your surroundings.
Juice, if you see her again, get her number for me.

I forgot to get it last time. I'm sure she still wants me!
Old 08-28-2014, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post
Juice, if you see her again, get her number for me.

I forgot to get it last time. I'm sure she still wants me!
I doubt that she will pay for your penicillin. Also doubt she will refund the $10 you paid her.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis C. View Post
That's this weekend right?
The retriever trial is usually October and April. In the Fall, it is the weekend UT plays Bama.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
First sign on your right after you turn into Hamilton Creek.
Good ole Metro has it in the rules in small print.
That's an easy fix. Launch somewhere besides Hamilton Crk.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:59 AM

Quote:
The retriever trial is usually October and April. In the Fall, it is the weekend UT plays Bama.
Only reason i asked was my UPS guy mentioned something about dog trials and gonna get wet this weekend doing it.

Last edited by Travis C.; 08-29-2014 at 08:18 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxthejuicexX View Post
I have the opinion that OC is a much better decision. I mean let's be honest, nobody here really wants to have to get into a situation where you may have to shoot and/or kill someone. If your gun is concealed some thug may try to pull a move on you not knowing until it's too late that you're carrying. If you OC then that same thug may think "That's a .45 on his hip, I'll leave him alone." Just my $.02

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

SUMKINA Bait Company Prostaff
Old 08-29-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2t View Post
I have the opinion that OC is a much better decision. I mean let's be honest, nobody here really wants to have to get into a situation where you may have to shoot and/or kill someone. If your gun is concealed some thug may try to pull a move on you not knowing until it's too late that you're carrying. If you OC then that same thug may think "That's a .45 on his hip, I'll leave him alone." Just my $.02

Or you carry and AR/AK pistol hanging from a single point harness on your chest. It's going to take a lot for someone to want to rob you at that point. When in public I like it concealed, that way I blend in and I am not a target if someone does want to rob a place and shoot people. On the lake in my boat, OC.