FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 03-09-2012, 04:41 PM

Default what does the water look like on the upper end of priest?

How's the water look from jefferson springs to fate sanders? I'm taking my kids fishing in the boat tomorrow and I'm trying to decide where to fish. We're going to fish for whatever is biting, but I'm hoping to get into some crappie. I fished the upper end last weekend and caught 7 keeper crappie, a channel cat, a white bass, and 2 largemouths just shy of being keepers.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:12 PM

I passed over the Weakley Ln bridge earlier today and the water was extremely muddy. I'm hopeing the lower end wont be as bad because i plan on doing some crappie fishin on sunday
Old 03-09-2012, 06:57 PM

Smile

Ok thanks. I think I'm going to fish the lower end
Old 03-09-2012, 09:06 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

It was stained as far as Bryant Grove today, should clear up on the upper end by Sunday.

The muddy stuff should be down to the Hobson Pike bridge by Sunday.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
How's the water look from jefferson springs to fate sanders? I'm taking my kids fishing in the boat tomorrow and I'm trying to decide where to fish. We're going to fish for whatever is biting, but I'm hoping to get into some crappie. I fished the upper end last weekend and caught 7 keeper crappie, a channel cat, a white bass, and 2 largemouths just shy of being keepers.
White bass are schooling between jefferson springs and west fork.

Let me know if you get into the yellows, those things taste great!
Old 03-12-2012, 07:41 AM

This is probably a little late, but the water at Four Corners was absolute chocolate milk yesterday. Maybe if the wind will finally die down things will start to clear up.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:51 AM

I ended up putting in at seven points and taking my kids all over the place from seven points to stewarts creek. Like mattr said it was very muddy almost to the hobson pike bridge. I ended up only fishing from 5-8. We caught 3 short largemouths, 2 yellow bass, 5 crappie all keepers (lost 2 slabs at the boat), and 4 short smallmouths. I had a 3 poundish smallmouth at the boat and my bro in law tried to pick it up by the 4lb test and it broke off. A guy fishing on the bank caught a 14" crappie and gave it to us. It was a nice day to be on the lake.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:29 AM

Im actually posting this while waiting for a burger at Fate Sanders. The water is still dirty but Ive seen worse. With the calmer winds and high temps I'm hoping it will turn some fish on.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:45 AM
MikefromMo

Thinking about heading to the Jefferson springs west fork area... What is bank access like down that way? Never been down there and driving from Hendersonville, just trying to pro and con staying at old hickory or try some new water.

Thanks!
Old 03-13-2012, 11:03 AM

There's tons of bank fishing access there especially now while the water is low. I fished it a little bit in the beginning of winter when the water started going down. I didn't catch anything, I did much better at Fall Creek ramp if you walk quite a way to your left from the ramp and fish off the rocks, the channel runs up to it. At Jefferson, the majority of the water you have access to is really shallow for a while so you can cast 50 yds and still be in shallower water than you'd like.

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

SUMKINA Bait Company Prostaff
Old 03-13-2012, 11:32 AM

I fish Jefferson Springs from the bank often since its only 5 minutes from the house. Don't be surprise to find bass shallow. I find them shallow there year round. Throw either a lipless crankbaits or a weightless fluke. Change your tempo until they tell you what they want. A shakey head worm will work too. However its a long way to drive from hendersonville. You may be better off fishing below the OH dam and/or rockland.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikefromMo View Post
Thinking about heading to the Jefferson springs west fork area... What is bank access like down that way? Never been down there and driving from Hendersonville, just trying to pro and con staying at old hickory or try some new water.

Thanks!
Do you ever fish Cages Bend campground area? That would be a lot closer. I usually go there when I want to bank fish and park outside the campground then walk down. It won't be open until April but they don't care if you walk around it fishing.

There is a fishing pier that usually has crappie, white bass and bluegills during different times of the year. Also you can fish the main point off the campground it has a big flat on one side and a 10-20ft drop on the other. I catch several bass off that flat with shaky craws and spinnerbaits.

Last edited by Travis C.; 03-13-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:53 PM
MikefromMo

Well fished around seven points, by reccomendation of the guy at the baitshop. Water clarity wasn't too bad except for the wind blowing towards the bank and creating a nice mud line about 15yds from the bank. Caught a couple nice largemouth throwing a road runner for crappie, didn't get into any crappie like I had hoped. That part of the lake looked fairly busy with a bunch boats in that area.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:10 AM

Water had cleared up a lot at Four Corners as of yesterday evening, still a good bit of color but no where near the chocolate milk of last weekend. Managed a couple of good crappie last night which was a nice change from the many small fish that have been caught. Bigger fish hitting very aggressively compared to their smaller counterparts.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:34 PM

I fished around Jefferson Springs last night, definitely cleared up

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

SUMKINA Bait Company Prostaff