FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 02-12-2016, 11:48 AM

Default Reel Cleaning and Repair

Just wanted to plug Jeremy at Reel Tune for his excellent work on 3 of my Shimano CU-201 reels. When I got the reels back, minus the grit, dirt and thick grease, they work better than when they were new. If you want great, fast and cheep service on your reel before spring arrives PM him at "Reel Tune" you won't be sorry.

Jim Ryan
Old 02-12-2016, 02:39 PM

X 2 He brought my 15 year old Diawa back to life.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:37 PM

I got a shimano I need to get to him than. Nashville area?
Old 02-13-2016, 11:02 AM
Fishing TN Staff

Thank you for the kind words Jim.

I do work on spinning reels.

I am located in Old Hickory, but like to meet at my work near the Nashville Zoo in Grassmere Park business complex to save on shipping.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:59 PM

How much do you charge to tune one up?
Old 02-14-2016, 09:24 AM
Fishing TN Staff

Cleaning is $18 for 50-300 series casting reels, $20 for 500-3000 series spinning reels, $35 for Calcutta Conquests, Core's, Chronarch's, Zillions, Stella's, Steez, Sustain, Pluton, Pixy and like reels.

Cleaning is a complete disassemble, every screw, every spring. All plastic parts are ran through an ultrasonic cleaner to remove grease, oil and debris, then scrubbed with a brush, all metal parts are ran through an ultrasonic cleaner in a different solution. Bearings are flushed All parts are inspected for wear and damage.

Reel is reassembled with proper lubrication. You have a choice between Penn, Shimano DG01, DG06, DG04, DG13, Penn, Magnalube, and other greases. I also have an array of liquid lubricants to choose from like CorrosionX, Shimano, Alchemy, TSI 321, Daiwa, Abu Garcia and many more.

I carry Boca, and Hedgehog bearings, not a complete selection, but 40-50 different sizes, and AEBC ratings.

If the reel has worn parts I notify the customer with detailed pictures if requested, and let the customer decide if they want to keep running the part, or replace. If they decide to replace they get their replaced parts back upon request.

I also custom cut Carbontex drag washers if needed, or wanted for $3.50 per washer.

I also super tune. This is polishing of metallic parts like gear teeth of the main gear and pinion gear, inside the pinion gear, brake race, shims, spool shaft, metal drag washers and more.
This service runs from $25 to $35 per reel. I will give a fair warning that supertuning isn't for everyone. This can make the reel very free, casting takes much less effort, and dialing in the brakes can be more difficult. It does make the reel very smooth retrieve, casting, and drag.

If needing to ship I charge an extra $7 for up to 3 reels, and $10 for 4 - 7, and $15 for 8-10 reels.

I do accept Paypal, or cash, and I take no payment until the work is complete.

I also meet locally if available to save on shipping. I work just south of Nashville near the zoo, and live east of Nashville, and make trips occasionally west of Nashville.

My turnaround is right around 10 days depending if your reel needs parts, and I have to order. I have several parts suppliers that I use, and shipping can vary from them.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:25 AM

Default Please Call Jim @ 615-497-1199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel Tune View Post
Cleaning is $18 for 50-300 series casting reels, $20 for 500-3000 series spinning reels, $35 for Calcutta Conquests, Core's, Chronarch's, Zillions, Stella's, Steez, Sustain, Pluton, Pixy and like reels.

Cleaning is a complete disassemble, every screw, every spring. All plastic parts are ran through an ultrasonic cleaner to remove grease, oil and debris, then scrubbed with a brush, all metal parts are ran through an ultrasonic cleaner in a different solution. Bearings are flushed All parts are inspected for wear and damage.

Reel is reassembled with proper lubrication. You have a choice between Penn, Shimano DG01, DG06, DG04, DG13, Penn, Magnalube, and other greases. I also have an array of liquid lubricants to choose from like CorrosionX, Shimano, Alchemy, TSI 321, Daiwa, Abu Garcia and many more.

I carry Boca, and Hedgehog bearings, not a complete selection, but 40-50 different sizes, and AEBC ratings.

If the reel has worn parts I notify the customer with detailed pictures if requested, and let the customer decide if they want to keep running the part, or replace. If they decide to replace they get their replaced parts back upon request.

I also custom cut Carbontex drag washers if needed, or wanted for $3.50 per washer.

I also super tune. This is polishing of metallic parts like gear teeth of the main gear and pinion gear, inside the pinion gear, brake race, shims, spool shaft, metal drag washers and more.
This service runs from $25 to $35 per reel. I will give a fair warning that supertuning isn't for everyone. This can make the reel very free, casting takes much less effort, and dialing in the brakes can be more difficult. It does make the reel very smooth retrieve, casting, and drag.

If needing to ship I charge an extra $7 for up to 3 reels, and $10 for 4 - 7, and $15 for 8-10 reels.

I do accept Paypal, or cash, and I take no payment until the work is complete.

I also meet locally if available to save on shipping. I work just south of Nashville near the zoo, and live east of Nashville, and make trips occasionally west of Nashville.

My turnaround is right around 10 days depending if your reel needs parts, and I have to order. I have several parts suppliers that I use, and shipping can vary from them.
I have two reels that I would like to have serviced.
Penn 650 SS and Daiwa BG13 please give me a call to discuss details.
Jim Saleem
615-407-1199
Old 07-16-2018, 09:41 AM
Owner and Administrator

Default Jeremy Reel Tune ..

Jim, Jeremy has moved to Jacksonville, Fla. He still does reel repair etc. Email him and he is also on Facebook .... <'TK><

MidTNKayakAngler@Gmail.com Here is his email address...
Old 09-07-2018, 11:17 AM

Charlie, in Lavergne, TN, did a great job on my 2 bait casters that were covered in pond scum and I got them back fast, affordable in new condition.

His number (770) 324-4608

I would recommend him.

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk