FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 04-30-2012, 08:16 PM

Default North American Fishing Club=scam. Beware...

I'm pretty sure it's a scam. Just in case anyone gets the mail which looks very legit with a membership card, a really awesome window sticker of a bass jumping (I might keep that for my Jeep), and a letter saying you're "lucky" enough to test new rods, reels, and lures for free and keep them. I knew right away this was too good to be true so did about 2 minutes of quick google searching and found people who said they were suckered into this. They get the "free" stuff and then shortly after get collection agencies calling them saying they owe money for it even if they've returned it. Just a heads up for everyone, keep the cool sticker but throw the rest of the stuff away.

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

SUMKINA Bait Company Prostaff
Old 04-30-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2t View Post
I'm pretty sure it's a scam. Just in case anyone gets the mail which looks very legit with a membership card, a really awesome window sticker of a bass jumping (I might keep that for my Jeep), and a letter saying you're "lucky" enough to test new rods, reels, and lures for free and keep them. I knew right away this was too good to be true so did about 2 minutes of quick google searching and found people who said they were suckered into this. They get the "free" stuff and then shortly after get collection agencies calling them saying they owe money for it even if they've returned it. Just a heads up for everyone, keep the cool sticker but throw the rest of the stuff away.
I tend to only support B.A.S.S. and T.U. (Trout Unlimited) more so the second these days.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2t View Post
Yea I joined biggest waste of money I have ever spent on fishing would not joined if I had done some homework just a money grab but I think the way it works is if somebody sends you something and you did not order it you don't have to pay for it I could be wrong but seems ive heard that they would send me stuff finally had to send them a letter not to send anything else or it would not be returned or paid for really just a pain in the butt
Old 04-30-2012, 10:52 PM

I've been a member for years and have had a different experience the products are good and really are free. I've gotten hooks, plastics, filet knives, a scale, and the magazine has taught me quite a bit as well. Can't speak for anybody else but I like them
Old 05-01-2012, 12:48 AM
jmull65

wow i never knew anything about this? thank god i know now though hope its not to late
Old 05-01-2012, 01:24 AM
jmull65

how do i delete my account?
Old 05-01-2012, 10:39 AM

I had no intentions of falling for it, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up since I assume they send these things out in bulk to fishermen all over the country. I wonder how they get our information. Someone has to be selling it to them. Maybe WalMart when we buy our fishing license. Maybe TWRA is doing it, who knows.

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

SUMKINA Bait Company Prostaff
Old 05-01-2012, 10:39 AM

I received their offer last week and immediately did a little research and found the same as jad2t; lots of complaints from consumers. The 3-D membership card looked pretty neat though, but everything went into the trash. I'll stick with B.A.S.S.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:28 AM

Yes,it is a complete scam..Never got anything other than cheap hooks and swivels..They will send you all kinds of stuff to buy too like videos, knives and such..And they will constantly call and call and call..The magazine is a complete joke, its about 10 pages of solid cover to cover advertisement, with no real articles about anything other than what there selling..I also advise to stay away..They care nothing for fisherman or sportsman..They are only after money..
Old 05-01-2012, 06:32 PM

Just go to bass pro academy sports or where ever you buy your fishing gear spend about 250 dollars and you will get way more for your money than that joke of a fishing club I have all their magazines since I joined lots of adds very few articles allabout their Ceo taking nice fishing trips but they will upgrade you to a trophy member tor just $250 more dollars what s deal
Old 05-01-2012, 08:17 PM
jmull65

does anyone know how to get rid of this before i get swamped with all their crap? it looked legit as can be. knew it was to good to be true!!
Old 05-02-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmull65 View Post
does anyone know how to get rid of this before i get swamped with all their crap? it looked legit as can be. knew it was to good to be true!!
DO NOT OPEN ANYTHING YOU RECEIVE FROM THEM...If you open then you'll have to repackage and pay return shipping..As soon as you get something bring to post office and have them return it to sender..After getting the return they usually stop sending.My curiosity got the best of me a few times but I don't even open anything from them anymore..All the stuff there trying to sell is chinese junk anyways..
Old 05-02-2012, 05:52 PM
jmull65

alright thanks