FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 05-11-2012, 04:55 AM

Default Old Hickory Dam

I probably will be heading below the OH Dam on the Generator side for a few hours tonight as the sunsets. I will report back, let me know if any of you will be down there also!
Old 05-11-2012, 08:06 AM

Let me know how it goes. Are you fishing from the Hendersonville side? I hear it's a great striper spot, way better than trying for them below Center Hill. I've fished it one time only and got into some fun with the white bass but that's it. Good luck!

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

SUMKINA Bait Company Prostaff
Old 05-11-2012, 08:48 AM

Hey MNfisher I am headed up to Leech Lake next week hoping for some good walleye action. Ice out was awful early this year so I think their normal patterns are several weeks ahead of pace. Anyway, if they are flowing as predicted at 5700 cfs you should do well on the powerhouse (Hendersonville) side.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Hey MNfisher I am headed up to Leech Lake next week hoping for some good walleye action. Ice out was awful early this year so I think their normal patterns are several weeks ahead of pace. Anyway, if they are flowing as predicted at 5700 cfs you should do well on the powerhouse (Hendersonville) side.
That is awesome! Man, Leech has been so hot the past few years! You should have no problem getting into some fish! But the past few years it has been tough to get fish under the slot to keep! But that is an ok problem if you ask me! Good luck!!
Old 05-11-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2t View Post
Let me know how it goes. Are you fishing from the Hendersonville side? I hear it's a great striper spot, way better than trying for them below Center Hill. I've fished it one time only and got into some fun with the white bass but that's it. Good luck!
Hendersenville side. I got a striper there about a month ago, but only about 3 lbs. I have caught a few white bass and lots of skipjack down there. Looking for a bigger rockfish!
Old 05-11-2012, 09:30 PM

The stripers were not there. Tossed, spoons...caught skipjack and a few white bass. Tossed flukes....caught skipjack. Tossed jigs...caught skipjack. Tossed about a 7 inch skipjack on a three-way in the boils and current for about 45 min. No bites! Lots of guys tossing flukes on 3-ways.... never saw any stripers caught.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:35 AM
lupan

Default Water Temp Update

The water is still around 65. That is good temp for rock fish but it does not concentrate them at the dam. I am thinking the end of May/First part of June. I have caught a lot of stripers in June trolling down from the dam when the water was around 70.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:03 PM
"Rather be Fishing"

Default OH Dam Tailrace

I fished OH Dam Saturday 5/12/12 from Hendersonville. I saw a man catch a BIG rockfish close to the boil. Looked atleast 40" maybe more. Not sure what it was caught on. #1 Generator (closet to bank) was only one on, Man was standing on the rocks at the point near the tailrace. I caught plenty of skipjack, and some BA drums on white grubs. Shad was running.