FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 04-04-2012, 04:41 PM
sterling21

the chronarchs that were made last year white and gold are great I love them I have 5 or 6 of them by there selves !Not real big on this years chronarch but also havent used them yet either so really cant make a opinion on them til I use them ! Been thinking about trying the new Abu Garica MG they feel bad a$$ but cost too much $
Old 04-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Fishing TN Staff

Don't care for the new Chronarchs either, too similar to the Curado 200E. If I'm paying more for a reel than I did the 200E's then I want upgrades, that's why I would like to give the Cores a shot. They seem to have enough options to justify the price. I've not done much research on the Revos, but have buddies who swear by the old Toros, and Revo's, but I find the Curados do me just fine and I have no reasons to change for the applications I'm using them for.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:42 PM
sterling21

If you find a chronarch in the older versions in good shape for a great price you better grab it
Old 04-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Fishing TN Staff

Thanks, but I think I've found a way to raise some funds for a couple Cores, and Cumara's.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:50 AM
jmull65

mix and match babbbyyy!!! haha
Old 04-05-2012, 07:40 AM

Default Shimano question

MidTN and Sterling,

You guy seem to have a bunch of Shimano's too. Where can I get the plastic screw cap retainer (pawl?) for the line winder on a Curado? You see them on about every reel and they look universal. Like a dumb butt I over tightened mine and the pin that slides up in the line winder just falls out.

His is a random reel picture and its #3 that I snapped.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:31 AM
sterling21

flippers in gallatin has them usually if not let me know i have a couple other web sites you can find one