FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 08-02-2018, 11:11 AM

Default Cranking for crappie on OH

Wife and I got on the water in Spence Creek around 7:00 Saturday. We pulled cranks 1.8 to 1.4 mph following the creek channel from the back out to the main channel, kept mostly in 14 to 18 fow. We were pulling 200 and 300 series Arkie's, both caught fish. Top colors were red craw and pink with black stripe. Caught several white and yellow bass, 4 catfish, a keeper Sauger (in main channel) and 4 quality (12" to 14.25") crappie before the lake came alive with boats and jet skies around 10:30. We are going to try to work our way to the dam end and see if we can figure OH out. I have shot docks and tight lined jigs in cover on OH over the years and done well. That was before the wife and I started fishing together, trolling (jigs and cranks) and spider rigging (jigs and minnows) is what we like to do now. We have done really well on JJP and other TN lakes but have yet to have a good day on OH which I live 1/4 mile from Bledsow park. I wouldn't say it was a terrible day but not like what we've had at other lakes, JJP, Woods res. and Normandy. Next creek is going to be Station Camp and City Creek leg. Will post results afterward.

Have a great day,
Old 08-02-2018, 01:45 PM

thanks for the excellent post.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:50 PM

That is a great post. I don't hear of a lot of trolling on old hickory. I am sure it happens just not much info. Thanks.
What little I do hear seems to happen on lower end.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:58 AM

What size were the stripe?
Old 08-03-2018, 11:13 AM

Most were yellow bellies in the 6 - 8 inch range, caught a couple white/hybrid bass in 12 to 16 inch range. Also in my notes, all catfish came on the pink with black stripe cranks we had out. Hoping to get out tomorrow morning.

Have a great day,