FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 04-13-2020, 10:35 AM

Default OHL Bass?

What's the word out there? Fished it pretty hard on Saturday and didn't get skunked, but I would describe it as poor. Creeks, pockets, grass, rock, just a handful of unimpressive fish. Perhaps the cold front and water being drawn down (like it seems to be every weekend)?

I see an occasional report of some nice catches, but not many. They sure aren't up shallow and feeding the best I can tell.

Any ideas?
Old 04-13-2020, 12:28 PM

3" of rain and a cold front stalled on top of us . . . Two weeks before I get on the water.

Just the sheer number of people at the launch sites has me looking for greener pastures.

Old 04-13-2020, 01:19 PM

Drakes Creek is a mud hole right now and Running up lake I'll bet you will dodging virtually anything coming down the main channel up to and including whole trees and dead cows.
Old 04-16-2020, 09:03 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Default Priest 04/15/2020

Found three separate schools of bluegills today...25-35 ft deep!
I thought maybe they'd be moving shallow by now but, nope, they are still holding in deep water
Old 04-17-2020, 11:01 AM
Dakota S

Hit Drakes Creek Thursday afternoon and the water temp was 56-61. Near the mouth of Drakes the water wasn't to bad. As you went back near Mallard Point boat ramp it was close to chocolate milk. I caught 1 fish on a jig, nothing to brag about at all. Marked a ton of bait though. I did fish outside Drakes too, but not even a bite. I caught a 4.2lb last week, before the cold front, in Cages Bend and the water temp was 70. Cold fronts, like always, confuses the fish and fisherman.
Old 04-17-2020, 03:02 PM

I'm going to try again tomorrow. Of course, another cold front being delivered. Not sure what I am going to do and where, but just can't sit around the house. Come on Old Hickory, surprise me!
Old 04-18-2020, 04:30 PM

Was awful once again today. I am blaming it on the rains, cold fronts, and such. I haven't just forgotten how to fish.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:11 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhick View Post
Was awful once again today. I am blaming it on the rains, cold fronts, and such. I haven't just forgotten how to fish.

I feel like I have forgotten to fish 🤔🤬🙄. I pulled out a Carolina rig cause I saw fish in 10-12’. Did get a couple bites but no hookups. But I almost lost my toes to the cold and wind Saturday morning. I didn’t dress for it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk