FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 03-20-2020, 10:43 PM

this article says as soon as the troops are in place President Trump will enforce a 2 week quarantine nation wide. The last paragraph sums it all up. This will mean no fishing !!!! during prime time....

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...ry-stores-open
Old 03-20-2020, 11:19 PM
Owner and Administrator

Exclamation Yep !! <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan 54 View Post
this article says as soon as the troops are in place President Trump will enforce a 2 week quarantine nation wide. The last paragraph sums it all up. This will mean no fishing !!!! during prime time....

ALAN, I am sure there will be a Hum-V mounted with a 50 Cal. waiting for you to leave your driveway with a boat ... And knowing your not going to the grocery store or pharmacy... I bet they follow you and order you to take them with you ...
Old 03-20-2020, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post
ALAN, I am sure there will be a Hum-V mounted with a 50 Cal. waiting for you to leave your driveway with a boat ... And knowing your not going to the grocery store or pharmacy... I bet they follow you and order you to take them with you ...
I really hope not. I would hate to be dodging bullets on the way to the ramp. On the lake, I'm sure I can't outrun an A-10 Warthog.....LOL
Old 03-20-2020, 11:44 PM
Owner and Administrator

Wink Mmmmm <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan 54 View Post
i really hope not. I would hate to be dodging bullets on the way to the ramp. On the lake, i'm sure i can't outrun an a-10 warthog.....lol
lol !!!! ........ Just wondering and I think I know .. I was in Vietnam in 1968 during the TET .. Who do you think would tear up more real estate the "PUFF the Magic Dragon in 1968" or the modern wart hog ?? <'tk><

Last edited by tkwalker; 03-20-2020 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-21-2020, 06:22 AM

Post Haha is it Pollen or Corona????

I am a Heavy duty parts rep and have been grounded. (cover Miss & West Tn.)
Told to just work at our Nashville main site, our business is considered
critical because if vehicles can't run it shuts down infrastructure.

Our store managers have been instructed to back up servers and be prepared
to carry the backup home.

I too worry about our economy but like most folks who fish can self sustain
if needed.

Pollen is kicking my butt as it always has but you get breathing hard and think
is it pollen or Corona, I heard Bourbon is a great disinfectant so I'll work on that.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:11 PM

This all really feels like a dream and I’m gonna wake up at any moment. It hasn’t set in yet. I think the main reason it hasn’t set in yet for me is because of 2 reasons. I don’t know anyone that is suffering from this YET and because I don’t trust the national news stations or politicians. I might just work through the weekend and try to get everyone in my household to quarantine.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:40 AM

I wasn't on planning on going out today, but I think I just might take the boat out today for the 1st time this yr. Judging by how nasty and flooded the river is at Rome, I think I'll head to CH
Old 03-22-2020, 12:52 PM

Texas Rig, staying put is prudent. In my opinion these actions will slow this stuff down not stop it. If People do not take these steps we are going to look like Italy. Over-running the health care system is just too scary. I guess if my family and I were all young I would be a little less concerned. I'm finally on the back side of a bad case of influenza, and if it is any worse than what I just went through, I just don't know. All that said, I would definitely go fishing, that is not going to put a bunch of people at risk of anything.

Last edited by FishAddict; 03-22-2020 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-22-2020, 01:09 PM
Owner and Administrator

Default Rumors ... TK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan 54 View Post

During a news show yesterday they read a list of rumors and the troops subject came up as fake news .... But all of this is left up to the Gov. of the state ... California, and New York will probably activate this law ?? TK

Last edited by tkwalker; 03-22-2020 at 06:32 PM.
Old 03-22-2020, 02:34 PM

Being the derelict that I am I was at the liquor store today after a quick run to Tractor Supply. The store owner said he had been notified by their ABC people that they can expect a Statewide lockdown order possibly as early as tomorrow. Because liquor stores are in the “food and beverage” category they will not be closed.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:30 PM
Owner and Administrator

Wink I Feel your pain.. <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Being the derelict that I am I was at the liquor store today after a quick run to Tractor Supply. The store owner said he had been notified by their ABC people that they can expect a Statewide lockdown order possibly as early as tomorrow. Because liquor stores are in the “food and beverage” category they will not be closed.
Yep watching the local news this evening the Gov. Passed a state wide law that lets restaurants and any other food services to stay open via using the drive through .. And other essential businesses Banks, service stations with self service, etc..

It seemed towns, city's, counties all were different in their priorities on this subject... TK
Old 03-22-2020, 10:22 PM

Quote:
During a news show yesterday they read a list of rumors and the troops subject came up as fake news .... But all of this is left up to the Gov. of the state ... California, and New York will probably activate this law ?? TK
I wish it would be a crime to knowingly to write false news. Thanks TK. It is getting hard to tell what is true and out right lies.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Yep watching the local news this evening the Gov. Passed a state wide law that lets restaurants and any other food services to stay open via using the drive through .. And other essential businesses Banks, service stations with self service, etc..

It seemed towns, city's, counties all were different in their priorities on this subject... TK
More importantly, the order also INCLUDES alcoholic beverages to included with your meal order being delivered.

Cloud . . . meet silver lining.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:02 AM

Well I decided that social distancing is probably best and that’s the plan for the foreseeable future. The really good thing about that is we are not on total lockdown yet and the plan is to fish Dale Hollow Wed-Fri. I live in Sumner Co and we have a “safer at home” policy. I hope I don’t get bothered until I get out of the county while I’m pulling my boat. Maybe I’m being selfish but in my mind I don’t see how I could be any more social distant than being on the water all day. I will have to make one stop for gas. If I fill the boat and truck up completely then that should be enough gas for 3 trips in the boat and I may have to add more gas in the truck on the 3rd day. I want an honest opinion from you guys. If I didn’t have to make the fuel stop then I wouldn’t even bat an eye. Do you guys think my plan is appropriate or am I being part of the problem? Of course there could be an order coming that completely locks everything down.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:28 AM

Let us know how you do. I can't imagine how that could be an issue especially going by yourself.