FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Fishing Gear
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 06-16-2012, 09:34 PM

Default Help solving a boat leak?

My dry boxes in front/back and rod lockers collect water when it rains...

You may be thinking well idiot cover the boat up. BUT the flippin boat is covered with a frame down the middle to allow for water to run off and yet water still gets in the darn thing.

Right now my boat is completely empty because I am tired of throwing rusted pliers, molded anchor rope and airing everything out all the time.

Any ideas or similiar problems solved?
Old 06-16-2012, 10:39 PM
Owner and Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis C. View Post
My dry boxes in front/back and rod lockers collect water when it rains...

You may be thinking well idiot cover the boat up. BUT the flippin boat is covered with a frame down the middle to allow for water to run off and yet water still gets in the darn thing.

Right now my boat is completely empty because I am tired of throwing rusted pliers, molded anchor rope and airing everything out all the time.

Any ideas or similiar problems solved?
Travis just a thought ... and this depends on the manufactuer of your boats quality ... I have run into this before on higher end boats ... Especially with the rubber seals etc ... It isn't rain but condensation ... Sweat !! ... this also happens to folks who put boat covers on their boat with no ventilation ... If you do or have both situations ... Yea it will develope water inside of the boat ... not only in the wells but between the outer and inner hulls ... I speak from experience ... My guide boat did this stored inside of my Shop ... Just a thought ... <'TK><
Old 06-17-2012, 08:48 AM

I didn't think about that TK.

How did you remedy the problem?

By the way, did you get your ticker straightend out?
Old 06-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Owner and Administrator

Default Condensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis C. View Post
I didn't think about that TK.

How did you remedy the problem?

By the way, did you get your ticker straightend out?
What I did was open all of my hatches, front and rear and put a small house fan on low and let it blow into one of the hatches ... 24/7... You could feel the air coming out of all hatches ... It just pressurizes the inside of the hull. Now if your Boxes are capsulated (individual componets) just leave the hatches open but I doubt if any air will cirulate through out the boat ... A second fan in the bilge will take care of that ...

My son has a 27 foot Sea Ray Pachanga and it is kept in a shelter but he has to do the same with a floor box fan and keeps all of the cutty hatches and doors open ... This worked for us ...

Now if you leave it outside under a boat cover ... You need to somehow get an air mover and ventilate it ... Just these little attachable vents is not sufficent by themselves ....

Yep Ticker in great shape ... Thanks for asking .... Hope this helps .. <'TK><