FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Out Of State Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 09-11-2014, 10:44 AM

Default Lake guntersville

I am in the process of planning a trip to Lake Guntersville in Oct 2014 around the Scottsboro area. My partner and I will take the boat down but would like to fish the 1st day with a guide. Looking for comments from you that have used a guide around this location.

Thanks, Jim
Old 09-12-2014, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprism View Post
I am in the process of planning a trip to Lake Guntersville in Oct 2014 around the Scottsboro area. My partner and I will take the boat down but would like to fish the 1st day with a guide. Looking for comments from you that have used a guide around this location.

Thanks, Jim
You don't need a guide on Guntersville. All you need is a box of frogs and a stiff rod. The milfoil is so thick, it rules out fishing any sort of crankbait, and worms are iffy.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:08 AM

You can still find fish deep off points and humps on G'ville this time of year with crank baits and big worms. But right now is frog time. look for mats near deeper water and listen for the blue gill popping. You can also flip the edges or punch them with a 2oz texas rig set up.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:17 PM

Thanks
Old 09-12-2014, 06:54 PM

Make sure you post some pics, I need a G'ville fix! I am going to have to skip on fishing the Oakley Big Bass tournament this year due to Money and budgeting our expenses.
Old 09-20-2014, 02:42 PM
Fishing Fool

October 18th and 19th the Oakley big bass tourney is gonna be there. I'd love to go but don't see it in my future. Plus I've never been on the lake, so I'd be a little lost. I know its known for big bass, but one can spend all day on it and not catch a big bass.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:15 PM

Fished it last year skillet, Placed and made enough money to pay for my trip. I want to go this year but I am not going to have the money to do it.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:33 PM
Fishing Fool

same here. I figured anyone that can throw a frog or pitch into mats of grass can make a little money. It'd be nice to check it out, I'm sure its a lot of fun!!
Old 10-15-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
same here. I figured anyone that can throw a frog or pitch into mats of grass can make a little money. It'd be nice to check it out, I'm sure its a lot of fun!!

It's a blast, it's nice knowing you don't have 5 fish to win money. I did not even catch one fish throwing a frog last year during the tournament. All mine came on spinnerbaits around isolated grass or flipping the edges of the mats. This year I am going to focus on some creeks and see if I can find some bait and hopefully bass.