FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 05-19-2020, 06:58 PM

Default Center Hill Temps?

Wonder what folks saw as water temps on the hill this past weekend or this week? Was hoping to find some bluegill beds but a lot of other lakes not up to 70 and no beds yet.Thanks.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCK_2 View Post
Wonder what folks saw as water temps on the hill this past weekend or this week? Was hoping to find some bluegill beds but a lot of other lakes not up to 70 and no beds yet.Thanks.
Have you been to CH since they raised the water level? Last time I went the lake was trashed with debris and mud
Old 05-20-2020, 03:58 AM

No, but I've passed over it at Sligo in the past week or so. Didn't look to bad to me. There is bushes and such now at the water line from where they have raised it and where plants have Been growing the past 10 years or so. Maybe hard to fish now.
Old 05-20-2020, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCK_2 View Post
No, but I've passed over it at Sligo in the past week or so. Didn't look to bad to me. There is bushes and such now at the water line from where they have raised it and where plants have Been growing the past 10 years or so. Maybe hard to fish now.
Went to the back of several creeks and you could sit over submerged trees , got to figure its going to give the fish a lot more cover in the future but going to be hard to fish, def different type , used to be able to run a bank and throw crankbaits , impossible to do that right now
Old 06-17-2020, 01:40 AM
Sunfish Assassin

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleprock View Post
Went to the back of several creeks and you could sit over submerged trees , got to figure its going to give the fish a lot more cover in the future but going to be hard to fish, def different type , used to be able to run a bank and throw crankbaits , impossible to do that right now
Has anyone been up there lately? Any reports, water temps/color or tips would be much appreciated that lake has always been a tough one for me and now with a flooded forest it should be really interesting. Im wondering if there will even be any sand beachs or pea gravel banks left up there. Going up there Monday just to see whats up. Last time i was there about a month 1/2 ago they still hadn't opened io the new ramp at the dam and the water was still down.
Old 06-18-2020, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnCreekMaster View Post
Has anyone been up there lately? Any reports, water temps/color or tips would be much appreciated that lake has always been a tough one for me and now with a flooded forest it should be really interesting. Im wondering if there will even be any sand beachs or pea gravel banks left up there. Going up there Monday just to see whats up. Last time i was there about a month 1/2 ago they still hadn't opened io the new ramp at the dam and the water was still down.
I took my son last week and put in at indian creek. Water was 78ish with some green stain. Agree with previous poster on amount of underwater trees. Very intimidating and all but eliminates cranking the bank. Wasn't out long, nor fishing all that hard but managed a spot (with some buddies following), sm, amd lm all around kid's camp dock. All three fish were up shallow in 5 feet or less. All on cranks...ironically one of the few spots without heavy vegetation.