FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 08-29-2012, 10:21 AM

Default Water conditions on Percy Priest?

Anyone been on Priest lately?

Water is murky and cloudy. Has the weather been responsible for this, pleasure boaters or something else?

We've been doing some night fishing and the water visibility even with a spotlight is less than two feet in most areas.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSandi View Post

Water is murky and cloudy. Has the weather been responsible for this, pleasure boaters or something else?

We've been doing some night fishing and the water visibility even with a spotlight is less than two feet in most areas.
I was by the dam last night and the water was pretty good. 3-4 feet of visibility. Small bait everywhere!!!! But only a few small fish busting the schools of bait. Not constant, about one every 5 minute or so. With that much bait around by that deep water I would think there would have been white bass and hybrids all over that!

Mike
Old 08-29-2012, 11:54 AM

We've been fishing the shallows south of 7 points and the water has been pretty bad. But we still see lots of bait fish, 2 to 5 pound bass, hordes of sun fish and a nice selection of gar and some BIG carp.

We took one the other day that easily went 35 pounds and a nice flathead cat that was between 15 and 20 pounds.

But the water has been very cloudy and murky, just didnt know if something was up to cause it to be murky for almost two weeks.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:57 PM
ALANRAYG2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSandi View Post

I have not been to JPP but my guess is an algae bloom. If it is not muddy then it has to be algae. I bet the lake is nutrient rich with the low water flow this year. just my 2 cents worth.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANRAYG2 View Post
I have not been to JPP but my guess is an algae bloom. If it is not muddy then it has to be algae. I bet the lake is nutrient rich with the low water flow this year. just my 2 cents worth.
That makes sense, as its not mud. Thats stirred up around the boat ramps.

What we are seeing is just a hazy dengy kinda cloudy water.