FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 12-18-2013, 01:00 PM
Fishing TN Staff

Default Michael Ernst Whizz Kidz Charity Event February 22nd LAST UPDATE 01/27/14 PLEASE READ

Hey guys on February 22nd we are going to have a charity event for Michael Ernst at the Gallatin Steam Plant launching out of Coles Ferry. It will run from 9am-7pm. Don't worry you don't have to fish all day, you can come out and fish for a little while or just come out and donate to a great cause.

This is to raise funds for Michael Ernst for the Whizz Kids Charity when he runs the London Marathon next spring. Mike is a great asset to the fishing community in Middle Tennessee, and I would like to show him that we appreciate it by doing this for him and the kids who really need it.

This tournament will be like no other, we already have a lot of prizes donated as in multiple guide trips, and tackle packages from Trout Magnet, Woodys Jigs, and Hook 1. We will keep adding to the prize list as we go. If you would like to donate please contact me by pm or email at MidTNKayakAngler@Gmail.com

This will be a multiple species event, including live and artificial bait.

Keep an eye out in the Angler Magazine in January for all the details.....

Thank You Jeremy

We were looking into doing a joint kayak/powerboat event, but it was just getting to complicated. Maybe we can work something out in the future though.

SPONSORS
· Flex Stick Anchor (Tim Torres) ($289 Value)
· Guided Trip with Nick Adams (TN Moving Waters) (Anglers choice wade for smallmouth, or in the boat trout, or striper. ($300 value)
· Crappie Trolling Trip for two on Percy Priest with by catches with Merv Johnson ($300 value)
· Smallmouth Wade Trip for two with Mike Dial ($275 value)
· FLW Tournament Angler Chris Snow ½ off Guided trip on Center Hill
· Snow Spin Tackle Package
· Bostic Photography Fishing or Family Photo Session ($250 value)
· Real Baits $25 in baits
· SHO Baits $15 off everything purchased
· Trout Magnets (Ed Krech)
· Custom Tackle Package from Woody
· Hook 1 Gear and Gift Certificates
· Voodoo Baits Justin
· DAMIVADA $100 Gift Certificate on their website or toward any custom order on merchandise.
· TK Walker $50 Cabelas Gift Certificate

We have 15 prizes so far and only awarding 6 prizes so we have 9 prizes to raffle off. You don't have to fish to win a raffle, but you must attend the raffle and be present to win the raffle which will be at the awards ceremony.

If you plan on attending I need names, Cherokee Steakhouse is requesting a headcount. I told them 50, but only have around 15 who say they are coming, this is anglers and non-anglers.

If you would like to sponsor this event we will be accepting donations up until the day of the tournament. PLease contact Mike Ernst, Craig Dye or I for Sponsorship.

Last edited by Reel Tune; 02-03-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:08 PM

Thanks so much for helping me out Jeremy! I am really looking forward to it!! Hope to see several of you there!

Mike
Old 12-18-2013, 01:44 PM

Sounds fun! I will be there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2013, 02:04 PM

I'm in. I plan on winning with nothing but tilapia

Chris Bryant
Old 12-18-2013, 03:08 PM

I am hoping to make it. Getting the yak rigged up today.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:56 PM

As long as it's above 50 degrees I'll be there haha. Just kidding, I'll do my best to make it!

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

SUMKINA Bait Company Prostaff
Old 12-18-2013, 04:19 PM
rookie

Count me in folks!!! this should be a great event!!, hey Jeremy can I bring my Riverhawk with a trolling motor?? so my daughter can come along or is this going to be a Yak/paddle craft only event??
Old 12-19-2013, 12:11 AM
Owner and Administrator

Thumbs up Get it On !!!! <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTNKayakAngler View Post
Hey guys on February 22nd we are going to have a charity event for Michael Ernst at the Gallatin Steam Plant launching out of Coles Ferry. It will run from 9am-7pm. Don't worry you don't have to fish all day, you can come out and fish for a little while or just come out and donate to a great cause.

This is to raise funds for Michael Ernst for the Whizz Kids Charity when he runs the London Marathon next spring. Mike is a great asset to the fishing community in Middle Tennessee, and I would like to show him that we appreciate it by doing this for him and the kids who really need it.

This tournament will be like no other, we already have a lot of prizes donated as in multiple guide trips, and tackle packages from Trout Magnet, Woodys Jigs, and Hook 1. We will keep adding to the prize list as we go. If you would like to donate please contact me by pm or email at MidTNKayakAngler@Gmail.com

This will be a multiple species event, including live and artificial bait.

Keep an eye out in the Angler Magazine in January for all the details.....

Thank You Jeremy

We were looking into doing a joint kayak/powerboat event, but it was just getting to complicated. Maybe we can work something out in the future though.
Jeremy... Count me in !! I'll launch my power boat and we will cruise the area and take pic's ... ( I may fish that want count ) You are in my country Now ... remember I use to work at the Gallatin steam plant (13 years) I have over 200 trips up those stacks (EPA) ... and that was before they put elevators in ..

Mike, dropped his power motor off to me to do some work on it .. I think I'll charge him extra and turn it all back to the event ha!! .. Count me in for maybe A Cabela's or two gift certs ... PM me on how I can help further !!! <'TK><
Old 12-19-2013, 12:57 AM
Fishing TN Staff

Transplaneted Sportsman - I was wanting to do a kayaks vs powerboat thing, but while writing up the rules it got to complicated. Then I thought about kayaks vs jonboats and the same, but I do want to do something in the future with kayaks and jonboats, but not this time. Though you are welcome to come out and fish with your daughter, the more the merrier.

TK - Sounds great, we'd love to have you out there, and thank you for all your support.

Me personally, I'm hoping for cold weather. I've always found it better fishing out there the colder it is. Sounds like we make have some rescue boats so don't be too alarmed, and there will be enough of us out there. All I ask is everyone wear a PFD.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:34 AM
Owner and Administrator

Thumbs up Riverhawk ... <'TK><

Quote:
Transplaneted Sportsman - I was wanting to do a kayaks vs powerboat thing, but while writing up the rules it got to complicated. Then I thought about kayaks vs jonboats and the same, but I do want to do something in the future with kayaks and jonboats, but not this time. Though you are welcome to come out and fish with your daughter, the more the merrier.

TK - Sounds great, we'd love to have you out there, and thank you for all your support.

Me personally, I'm hoping for cold weather. I've always found it better fishing out there the colder it is. Sounds like we make have some rescue boats so don't be too alarmed, and there will be enough of us out there. All I ask is everyone wear a PFD.
Jeremy ... the Riverhawk is an Inverted Chine canoe ... What would make it a Power boat would be the elect Trolling Mtr. . Just for information purposes ... <'TK><
Old 12-19-2013, 01:38 AM
Owner and Administrator

Thumbs up Safety Boat !! <'TK><

Quote:

Jeremy, I'll volunteer for this ... We will give everyone my Cell phone number ... and the reference would be the Steam plant .up or down stream !! ,<'TK><
Old 12-19-2013, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post

Mike, dropped his power motor off to me to do some work on it .. I think I'll charge him extra and turn it all back to the event ha!! .. Count me in for maybe A Cabela's or two gift certs ... PM me on how I can help further !!! <'TK>< [/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Lol!!! Thanks TK!

Mike
Old 12-19-2013, 06:29 AM

If there is anyone who would like to fish this event that does not have a kayak, I have a spare I am more than willing to lend out. It is fishing-ready and I have a paddle, crate, rod holders, depthfinder, and anchor for it, all you'd need is your own PFD. First come, first serve, just reply in this thread with any questions.

Chris Bryant
Old 12-19-2013, 07:41 AM
Fishing TN Staff

Thanks Chris, I have a spare also unless it sells by then, and I hope it does. Knowing me I'll have another by then anyway so I'll more than likely have a spare anyway.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:46 AM

Just for info http://www.riverhawkboats.com/boats.htm never seen one myself. I may try and make this event. If nothing just come and hang out and meet everyone.

Hammy