FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 02-13-2020, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
I noticed Hendricks Creek Marina is in KY, Is my Tenn license good there or do I need to stay on the Tn side... I know it sounds like a dumb question, but I don't want to find myself in a situation...
It’s tricky on Dale Hollow. Your license is not good at the ramp in Hendricks creek. Only the back of that creek is in Kentucky. You need a KY license to fish in KY except for one part of the lake. The Wolf River is one of the rivers that make up Dale Hollow. The Wolf River including it’s creeks is reciprocal so either license is good for that part of the lake. Any other part of the lake you have to have whatever states license your fishing in. Hope I made it understandable
Old 02-13-2020, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
It’s tricky on Dale Hollow. Your license is not good at the ramp in Hendricks creek. Only the back of that creek is in Kentucky. You need a KY license to fish in KY except for one part of the lake. The Wolf River is one of the rivers that make up Dale Hollow. The Wolf River including it’s creeks is reciprocal so either license is good for that part of the lake. Any other part of the lake you have to have whatever states license your fishing in. Hope I made it understandable

Yes I understand perfectly, Thanks
Old 02-13-2020, 09:38 PM

When are we getting out there man?! We need to plan a trip, I've been going twice a week.
Old 02-13-2020, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerreid1234 View Post
When are we getting out there man?! We need to plan a trip, I've been going twice a week.
Yea I know. I haven’t been fishing at all. Tuesday was my first time in forever. What days do you usually go?
Old 02-17-2020, 08:58 AM

Quote:
One thing I forgot to add in my report was a little detail that I noticed but I'm not exactly sure how to interpret the information to help me catch more fish. All of the smallmouth that we caught had either mud or clay on their bellies. Obviously that means that they have been sitting tight to the bottom but other than throwing something on the bottom I'm not sure if I can take that information and catch more fish with it. I also noticed on the graph all day that all of the fish that I was seeing were sitting right on the bottom until late in the day. We pulled up to one point late in the day and I noticed fish suspended on the graph so For the first cast I picked up a jerkbait. I jerked it about 3 times before a 3lb smallmouth about ripped it out of my hands. Do any of you guys know a good tip for catching more fish when you know they are tight to the bottom?
I have had luck using a dropshot with a roboworm on the hook 6" above the weight. You cast to those fish, not the drop-down video game version of the dropshot. Slowly drag it back after you cast, pause and shake. If you want to drop down, use a damiki rig. I like 1/4 oz with the Damiki armor shad. Look at your graph and drop it to the bottom and slowly lift it until you are about a foot or less from the fish you marked.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:34 PM

Quote:
One thing I forgot to add in my report was a little detail that I noticed but I'm not exactly sure how to interpret the information to help me catch more fish. All of the smallmouth that we caught had either mud or clay on their bellies. Obviously that means that they have been sitting tight to the bottom but other than throwing something on the bottom I'm not sure if I can take that information and catch more fish with it. I also noticed on the graph all day that all of the fish that I was seeing were sitting right on the bottom until late in the day. We pulled up to one point late in the day and I noticed fish suspended on the graph so For the first cast I picked up a jerkbait. I jerked it about 3 times before a 3lb smallmouth about ripped it out of my hands. Do any of you guys know a good tip for catching more fish when you know they are tight to the bottom?

Whop'em on the head with a tatar-chip...I mean a craw jig.