FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 01-17-2019, 11:37 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBronzeback View Post
Do what i do and you will have no issues:
1-launch boat.
2-start casting at the launch.
3- limit out in no time.
4- load boat back up. Never have to worry about weight distribution again.
Lol.
Im sure there are plenty of guys here, myself included who would be happy to meet you at the ramp and cruise around with ya to help ya out to get you on track.
A few shady guys that i personally know of that you should stay away from are: Agelessone, Skillet and XxJuicexX. While on the outside they seem like nice guys, are truly rookies who want nothing but the company of another man. Im not one to judge by no means, but if you dont care for that kind of action, steer clear of them characters. lol
Congrats on the new rig buddy, you will be running 100% before ya know it.
And to think that I actually used to like you....to put me in the same sentence/class as skillet and or XxJuicexX (who in the hell puts out a moniker like XxJuicexX?, caint he just put down his real name, RENALDO, OR WHATEVER IT IS?) has made me come to realize that you ain't nothin but a low life transplanted Yankee from New Jersey or Maine or somewhere where they don't even have carp and drum, your favorite fish, so you come down here, cain't even catch a fish of any sorts, and try to lump us professional, really good fishermen, with the likes of those dregs of the lake!

I'm offended, hurt, stabbed in the back, disgusted with your mindless musings and refuse to associate myself with person of your ilk. (grab a dictionary son, cause I'm sure with your limited vocabulary, you are as lost as an illiterate hillbilly at Stanford University!) BTW that's a high falutin universuty someres.

Don't you never fatmouth me agin on social media! I KNOW WHERE YOU RESIDE!!!!
Old 01-17-2019, 11:51 PM

TK, I need to change my screen name please. Renaldo if you could.
Old 01-18-2019, 08:57 AM

Flatline, I just read through this, it has been a while since logging in. The only thing I can add to this now is my boat is a Nitro, different but still a Tracker product. These rigs tend to not need a lot of tweaking from the factory setups. It does sound like your trim gauge needs adjusting, it should move from the low end up past half way when up to top speed planed out. All the advice on taking off with the engine tucked, and trimming on plane are things I figured out on mine after playing around with it. Also the advice of getting up on consistent plane, then backing down is also spot on. One add'l thing is to look for your rig's sweet spot for efficiency. Mine is around 4200 rpms. It is comfortable, and I get the best fuel consumption there. Yours should be way better being a newer rig and I'm assuming a 4 stroke too which will be quiet and very good on fuel. I honestly think you are over thinking this. Go out there and run that thing, practice on looking for the ideal way to get off of plane and run it. Then if you still aren't happy, try to address it. I'll tell you I can't come anywhere close to operating at 20 MPH on plane, it is just a range that my rig won't stay on plane at.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishAddict View Post
Flatline, I just read through this, it has been a while since logging in. The only thing I can add to this now is my boat is a Nitro, different but still a Tracker product. These rigs tend to not need a lot of tweaking from the factory setups. It does sound like your trim gauge needs adjusting, it should move from the low end up past half way when up to top speed planed out. All the advice on taking off with the engine tucked, and trimming on plane are things I figured out on mine after playing around with it. Also the advice of getting up on consistent plane, then backing down is also spot on. One add'l thing is to look for your rig's sweet spot for efficiency. Mine is around 4200 rpms. It is comfortable, and I get the best fuel consumption there. Yours should be way better being a newer rig and I'm assuming a 4 stroke too which will be quiet and very good on fuel. I honestly think you are over thinking this. Go out there and run that thing, practice on looking for the ideal way to get off of plane and run it. Then if you still aren't happy, try to address it. I'll tell you I can't come anywhere close to operating at 20 MPH on plane, it is just a range that my rig won't stay on plane at.

Very interesting reply, thanks and you as well as others are correct. I've never been in a Tracker before, always larger fiberglass boats.

You mentioned something about adjusting the trim gauge... Can you and how ?
Old 01-18-2019, 07:09 PM

I have a 185 tracker and I have found that when the winds are 20 to 30 mph I leave it in the garage. LOL. A light aluminum boat doesn’t do well with wind/waves.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiny57 View Post
I have a 185 tracker and I have found that when the winds are 20 to 30 mph I leave it in the garage. LOL. A light aluminum boat doesn’t do well with wind/waves.

Trust me I hear you... it was just slight breeze when I went out. It was when that front with the high winds that pushed thru late afternoon last week that I got caught out on the lake.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
Very interesting reply, thanks and you as well as others are correct. I've never been in a Tracker before, always larger fiberglass boats.

You mentioned something about adjusting the trim gauge... Can you and how ?

I don't know how to adjust it, but surely you can. I'd call the folks at the service center that helped you out. They should know.
Old 01-21-2019, 12:05 AM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Trim .... <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishAddict View Post
I don't know how to adjust it, but surely you can. I'd call the folks at the service center that helped you out. They should know.
The sending unit to the gauge is located on the trim unit ..Usually on the pivot but depending on the motor, model and year it could be elsewhere on the trim ...

But it is easy to check on the trailer .. tuck your motor all the way down if the gauge shows max down great, then raise your motor up (NOTE: trim only not Tilt On some the tilt and trim travel is different ) if you have that option, some of the newer smaller t/t with one cylinder won't) Basically you can get a ball park indication if the gauge is following the sending unit.
<'TK>< PS... When the prop blows out I would say your gauge will indicate 75% plus UP.. Also watch your tach.

Last edited by tkwalker; 01-21-2019 at 12:09 AM.