FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Out Of State Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 05-30-2016, 09:26 AM
Fishing Fool

Default Daytona beach out of Ponce Inlet

Had a charter trip to do a little offshore fishing yesterday. I had the most fun fishing I've had in a long time!!! I caught 8 or nine different species, 1 red snapper, he had to go back, 3 mangrove snappers that got eaten. That was the best fish I've ever had!!!! 1 18lb Amber jack, 1 Jack Carvelle, 1 small triggerfish, and the others were smaller fish that we used to free line on the bait runner reels. I hooked something that the captain thought was a grouper on the light tackle rig. That was a battle that I didn't win. I'd gain a foot or two and he'd take 6. That went on for about 15-20 minutes. I gave it some slack to see if it would come out of the hole or move and the hook just feel out.

Then we went to "the shark hole"!!! And it was correctly named! I caught 12 small 8-12lb shark nose or sand nose sharks, don't remember what he called them. And then with 30 minutes left my rod buried and was almost ripped out of my hand!!! I got spooled twice. Got it up and it was a 10-12 foot black tip shark. We only seen it for about 2-3 seconds and it shot off again tearing line off again. After almost spoiling me for the fourth time and an hour later, making the captain an hour late for his second charter, the shark chewed through the steel leader!!!! I was so bummed but I was so tired I almost didn't care. My arms and shoulders are still sore, but I'd do it again today if I could've!! I highly recommend Capt Leon. I told him what I wanted to do and he delivered beyond expectations!

Jack Carvelle

Amberjack

Mangrove snapper

The mangrove snappers teeth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2016, 09:27 AM
Fishing Fool

Default Daytona beach out of Ponce Inlet

And here's a picture of one of the Sharks I caught.

Old 05-30-2016, 01:30 PM

Nice! good to see ya got into some catching down there!
Old 05-30-2016, 05:34 PM

Awesome! Glad it was a good trip
Old 05-31-2016, 09:14 AM

Skillet Man you are not going to want to come back home to fish arounh here. Lol
Old 05-31-2016, 12:16 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystratos View Post
Skillet Man you are not going to want to come back home to fish arounh here. Lol

Too late. I'm home and went and did some catfishing on Sunday. Didn't do as good as I was hoping but caught fish!!
Old 06-01-2016, 01:27 PM
TN Transplant

Congrats. Looks like a great time. A good captain makes all the difference. I use the same guy every time I go to Destin. I really try to take care of him and he does the same for me. Looks like you found a good one.

Old 06-01-2016, 05:31 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheeled View Post
Congrats. Looks like a great time. A good captain makes all the difference. I use the same guy every time I go to Destin. I really try to take care of him and he does the same for me. Looks like you found a good one.

You're 100% right. He was excellent, and did his job. Had a great time with him.