FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 08-26-2014, 03:37 PM

Default Outdoor Junction-Cookeville

I made a stop into Outdoor Junction between jobs today after passing it dozens of times out east. Thats a pretty nice little store. All around outdoor stuff....guns, ammo, hunting, fishing stuff. Pretty good selection of fishing gear with alot of things you wont find at the chain stores. Decent prices too. Boxes of jigging blades up to 1oz. for $1.99 each...so thats a steal!
Got me a few of the big cotton cordell body baits for $6 each.
If anybody is ever close by on the road i would suggest ya stop in there. Its just off the exit at 290.
Just an fyi for you guys if your ever out that way and want to check out another store.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:39 PM

Glad to see they are still around.

The last time I was in there, they were just starting to add onto the gun side for a bigger display area.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:00 PM

I was talking to another customer while i was there. He was from Spring City. He was in his late 50's maybe talking about fishing around him and how good chicamagua is and all. I guess he is some kind of bait designer. He designed several baits that Strike King put into production. Said he designed the Midnight Express as well. I wanna think thats a spinner bait but i could be wrong. He said he fished a night tourney not too long ago, 3 fish limit, he got 3 smallmouth on watts bar weighing in at just over 18 lbs.
Pretty cool guy to chat with for a while.