FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 04-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Default Went to HOOK 1 today.

Nephew and I made trip to HOOK 1 in Hendersonville today. Bad decision....LOL. They are going to get some of my money. It is a nice place and the gentleman that owns it is a super nice guy. It is one thing to see items online but to have a store close by that has them on hand is great. There are items in the store that would appeal to non kayak owners as well. He has a few Bass lures but not being a Large Mouth fisherman I did not pay too close attention to them. Will be heading back up next week to spend dollars.....today was scouting trip for me...LOL.

Regards
Old 04-09-2012, 09:46 PM

Where is it up there?

Me and lil britches are always up for finding places to fish or blow money fishing.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Master Trout Magnet

This is the address
HOOK 1™ - Kayak Fishing Gear
699 West Main Street
Ste 206
Hendersonville, TN 37075

It is in a little shopping center next to an insurance agency and there is a coffee shop two doors down. Sorry I did not pay more attention but I was in back seat riding....LOL. The shop is in a suite. In the back of the shop is his stock...quite extensive. I would call before going. He has several things that are on my definite must have list.....drift sock...Silent Track System.....just a shop full of neat stuff.

Regards
Old 04-10-2012, 07:11 AM

Thanks, I know where that is.

I don't own a yak but looking around at that stuff would be interesting.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Fishing TN Staff

I'm glad you made it up there Alphahawk, and glad you got to meet Chris. He really is an awesome guy, I try to stop in every couple weeks to see how he's doing, or that's what I tell my wife anyway.

I use the Drift Chute on lakes when the wind is going to be above 10mph. It really slows you down, it could also be used on john boats, canoes, or smaller bass boats. It works great on a kayak with an anchor trolly as you can move the chute to the front or rear easily if you want to float forward or backwards.

I've been using the STS aka Silent Traction System for about 2 years now. One thing that I have found with the Jackson Kayaks is there is some sort of wax or something that prevents the STS from sticking well, and it is best applied in temperatures over 60deg. With the Jackson Kayaks I would clean the area thourally and possibly rough up the surface you are applying it to. I've found it to stick just fine on my Wilderness Systems Kayaks, and Hobies. I've had it on the Jackson's now for about 2 years and it's doing alright with the prep work and hasn't worn at all.

Jeremy
Old 04-11-2012, 07:23 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTNKayakAngler View Post
I'm glad you made it up there Alphahawk, and glad you got to meet Chris. He really is an awesome guy, I try to stop in every couple weeks to see how he's doing, or that's what I tell my wife anyway.

I use the Drift Chute on lakes when the wind is going to be above 10mph. It really slows you down, it could also be used on john boats, canoes, or smaller bass boats. It works great on a kayak with an anchor trolly as you can move the chute to the front or rear easily if you want to float forward or backwards.

I've been using the STS aka Silent Traction System for about 2 years now. One thing that I have found with the Jackson Kayaks is there is some sort of wax or something that prevents the STS from sticking well, and it is best applied in temperatures over 60deg. With the Jackson Kayaks I would clean the area thourally and possibly rough up the surface you are applying it to. I've found it to stick just fine on my Wilderness Systems Kayaks, and Hobies. I've had it on the Jackson's now for about 2 years and it's doing alright with the prep work and hasn't worn at all.

Jeremy

Yeah Chris seems like a great guy. I want to look at the STS and really quite a bit of other gear. It will probably take me a year to outfit both boats. I also plan on taking the Diablo Chubacabra out for a demo. I can tell right now I am going to need a lake boat.

Regards
Old 04-11-2012, 07:47 AM

http://kayakfishinggear.com/quarrowtri-eye-1.aspx

Jeremy, you ever used this? This is the cheapest night water light I have seen and might be good dropped under a float then fished around.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Fishing TN Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis C. View Post
http://kayakfishinggear.com/quarrowtri-eye-1.aspx

Jeremy, you ever used this? This is the cheapest night water light I have seen and might be good dropped under a float then fished around.

Never used it, I've been eyeing the 12V tube units 24" long though. If you get it please let me know how it works.

Thanks, Jeremy
Old 04-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Fishing TN Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
Yeah Chris seems like a great guy. I want to look at the STS and really quite a bit of other gear. It will probably take me a year to outfit both boats. I also plan on taking the Diablo Chubacabra out for a demo. I can tell right now I am going to need a lake boat.

Regards
The Diablos are really nice boats, I would like to have one but with 7 kayaks I'm running out of room. They have great reviews, just don't know if they would be best for big water. I've not paddled one but they look a little on the slow side. I'll have to paddle one and get some of my other kayaks out there with it to really compare and really tell how it paddles. I have a Tarpon 160 and that thing is a speed demon and catches virtually no cross winds, but at 28" wide there is not much wiggle room, and the Hobie Revolution is fast also but not much wiggle room.

Jeremy