FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 09-19-2016, 09:44 PM

Default custom home builders

Wife and i are filtering through the web for floor plans.
Can anybody recommend a custom home builder? We have the land. The problem im finding, is most custom home builders build BIG fancy houses way out of our desired price range. Lol
Old 09-20-2016, 04:14 AM

Where are you planning on building?

Also, if you buy a plan online, get the PDF version then have it printed locally. It will save you a lot of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Whisperer View Post
Where are you planning on building?

Also, if you buy a plan online, get the PDF version then have it printed locally. It will save you a lot of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wilsn County.
Thanks!
Old 09-20-2016, 09:15 AM

We built last year on our land in east Wilson Co. It was difficult to find an custom home builder as the market just isn't there anymore. We G.C. ourselves and saved a ton of money. We took 3 plans we found online and took them to Chris Turner in Murfreesboro. The online deal will cost you a ton in edits. That's where they make their money. Contact Anthony Hall (615) 347-3187. He was my finish guy from Watertown/Brush Creek and is an awesome carpenter He will know of someone if not himself.

Last edited by TN256; 09-20-2016 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:18 AM

These guys built my home. Can recommend them 100%

In fact, when I decided at a later date to build a garage, even though it was just a small job, the owner was still personally involved. The HOA originally said no garages, but he helped me fight through the HOA nazis to get the job done.

http://www.yourlandmark.com/about/

Gary Wisniewski is the owner. Good people.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:16 PM

I'm an architect and know of a few builders in the area, even though I mainly do commercial. I can ask around to see who may have some time. The problem these days is everywhere is so busy it's hard to find anyone with either available time or who won't quote you something 2x more than normal due to the demand for their services.

What's a ballpark size? Single level? is the site level or need some grading? Are there utilities at the road? Finally, is the site in a development or not? If no, do you know anything about what's below grade (rock, soil quality, etc.). If you're not planning anything being below grade (in terms of living space and/or garage), then it's probably not a big deal.

Lots of questions, I know, but the more info I can provide, the better.

-Paul
Old 09-22-2016, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butts0907 View Post
I'm an architect and know of a few builders in the area, even though I mainly do commercial. I can ask around to see who may have some time. The problem these days is everywhere is so busy it's hard to find anyone with either available time or who won't quote you something 2x more than normal due to the demand for their services.

What's a ballpark size? Single level? is the site level or need some grading? Are there utilities at the road? Finally, is the site in a development or not? If no, do you know anything about what's below grade (rock, soil quality, etc.). If you're not planning anything being below grade (in terms of living space and/or garage), then it's probably not a big deal.

Lots of questions, I know, but the more info I can provide, the better.

-Paul
Yeah i know what ya mean. The problem im having is the places im finding focus more on the 2-4k sq. ft homes.
Im looking to top out at around 1700 sq ft. single level.
Wilson county. Utilities on the road. In fact there is an old home on the opposite end of the land, no useful septic though and i will handle removing the old structure. No site work done yet but ive researched the property some myself in regards to the process, steps to take, people to call to get things in motion from a site-readiness aspect. The land used to be farm land so i have a better than average chance of getting a clean crawlspace.
Thanks for the assistance!
Old 09-22-2016, 10:55 PM

Thanks for all the input guys!
Once we have a plan picked out and tweaked, we will proceed with contacting the people you told me about.