FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 06-05-2019, 02:05 PM

Default Center Hill Report 6/3

Me and my sister fished CH Monday night. A buddy called and wanted to have a little 2 boat tournament Monday night and we fished against two of my buddies. That lake is on fire right now and there are a bunch of fish shallow and deep. The tournament was from 530pm-2am. We started really shallow and had a limit in about 1.5 hours. We had 4 largemouth and 1 smallmouth. I was catching them shallow in creek pockets and main lake pockets on really big rock. The banks had to have big rock that was in 2-3 feet nad would drop off into 6-8 feet. I was throwing a 1/2 ounce Texas rigged SK Rage Bug and just swimming it back to the boat and never really letting the bait hit bottom. I started shallow because I noticed a bunch of bluegill beds under the walkway at the boat ramp and they were full of bluegill.

After fishing shallow for a while and not being able to upgrade, I started fishing a little deeper and found tons of fish on bluff ends on the main lake and at the mouth of creeks and pockets. The fish were set up right on the bluff ends where it would start to shallow up. I was catching them in anywhere between 8-25 feet. I ended up culling out all the largemouth from our initial limit and we weighed 3 smallmouth, 1 largemouth, and 1 spotted bass. Our limit weighed 14lbs 9ounces and our big fish was 3lbs 5ounces. The other boat caught a lot of fish as well and they weighed in 11lbs and changed and their big fish was 2lbs 11ounces.

All in total I ended up catching somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 bass. My poor sister was only able to manage 1 fish and the other boat said they caught a bunch of fish too. They were catching them on a tube but I'm not really sure what kind of banks they were fishing but I know they spent most of their time in Indian Creek.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:45 PM

good report.. thanks for posting
Old 06-07-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
Me and my sister fished CH Monday night. A buddy called and wanted to have a little 2 boat tournament Monday night and we fished against two of my buddies. That lake is on fire right now and there are a bunch of fish shallow and deep. The tournament was from 530pm-2am. We started really shallow and had a limit in about 1.5 hours. We had 4 largemouth and 1 smallmouth. I was catching them shallow in creek pockets and main lake pockets on really big rock. The banks had to have big rock that was in 2-3 feet nad would drop off into 6-8 feet. I was throwing a 1/2 ounce Texas rigged SK Rage Bug and just swimming it back to the boat and never really letting the bait hit bottom. I started shallow because I noticed a bunch of bluegill beds under the walkway at the boat ramp and they were full of bluegill.

After fishing shallow for a while and not being able to upgrade, I started fishing a little deeper and found tons of fish on bluff ends on the main lake and at the mouth of creeks and pockets. The fish were set up right on the bluff ends where it would start to shallow up. I was catching them in anywhere between 8-25 feet. I ended up culling out all the largemouth from our initial limit and we weighed 3 smallmouth, 1 largemouth, and 1 spotted bass. Our limit weighed 14lbs 9ounces and our big fish was 3lbs 5ounces. The other boat caught a lot of fish as well and they weighed in 11lbs and changed and their big fish was 2lbs 11ounces.

All in total I ended up catching somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 bass. My poor sister was only able to manage 1 fish and the other boat said they caught a bunch of fish too. They were catching them on a tube but I'm not really sure what kind of banks they were fishing but I know they spent most of their time in Indian Creek.
Good report, likely going there this weekend, or Dale Hollow or Watts Bar or Melton Hill or Chickamauga, damn I can't make up my mind lol