FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 06-05-2011, 07:50 PM

Default Priest Hybrids?

Has anyone found hybrids on Priest consistently yet? Have made a couple of trips and have been unable to find the schools of hybrids on the usual points and humps? They seem to be hard to find this year.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Boles

I've run into a couple here and there trolling. They seem to be on a bit of a decline since 2007. That said they'll be balled up tight with this warm weather, don't venture too far from the channel. It's really easy to miss them right now...I'll be switching to fishing at night exclusively. Good luck!
Old 06-06-2011, 04:05 PM
lilmule

Its not just Priest,on ky lake the stripers or whites either one you cant pattern right now,you may or may not catch whites on some flats while fishing for bass,next day none present same area and not near normal channel hideouts.
Large amounts of water stayed cooler than normal now warmed rather quick,dont know what effected them but something did.
Can catch just as many yellow perch.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:25 AM

I haven't found any schools. I've caught probably 2 since the Spring -- always from a boat; never from shore.

I find that smallmouths are even rarer on Percy Priest. I've only caught one this year, but damn, what a fight!
Old 06-10-2011, 09:14 AM
durtyzulu

Default hybrids

hi, new to the forum. i was looking up fishing reports on my lunch and decided to join. i currently don't own a boat but grew up fishing on priest. right now, they're hard to find but easy to catch when you do. use nashville shores and the dam to make a triangle with the third point being somewhere in the middle of that channel. they will be deeper now that it's warming up. you will also find them up around suggs creek after dark. drifting with shiners is an extremely safe bet. im shopping around for a boat but for now i'm just hiking banks and tubing for smallies. good luck!