FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 08-26-2015, 10:59 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Fun Day on JPP ... <'TK><

Well this was the first day My old boat has been in the water Since Feb. 2014 (Mikes Yak Rally before his England trip) ... My medical issues from Last year plus some modifications I had to render on my trailer for easier access to get in my boat had prolonged me getting back on the water ...

Well today the wife and I Hit our usual spots trolling Did not catch many fish but enjoyed being on the water ... Charted tons of bait fish from 12 to 20 feet of water ... But it seems the Northerly wind, plus Bluebird High Pressure skies had clamped the jaws ...

I did run in to Guide Brian Carper at Fate Sanders around 2:00 and he had a half day charter .. He had a nice stringer of 34 Crappie caught on crappie structure... The water temp up stream was around 83 deg's and smaller short crappie was being caught there ... Most of Brian's catch came down stream where there was cooler water 81 deg's, around the Hobson and 4 corner areas ..

But all and all it was great to be back on the water .... <'TK><
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0453.JPG (1.02 MB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0454.JPG (1.47 MB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0455.JPG (1.31 MB, 121 views)
Old 08-27-2015, 04:41 AM

G;ad you are back in the game so to speak! God Bless and keep fighting the good fight!
Old 08-27-2015, 05:12 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Good to see you back on the water TK. How about posting a pic of steps or whatever it was you added to your trailer. I am looking at doing similar.

Regards
Old 08-27-2015, 06:46 AM

You are looking good TK. I am glad to see you enjoying this beautiful weather.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:09 AM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Glad to see you're back on the water, TK. Been a long time.
Sorry I missed you. I was out Monday and Tuesday so I didn't feel like being out yesterday.
Hope to bump into you again out there.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:21 PM

Being on the water on a beautiful day is enough for me. Catching fish is just a bonus. Glad you guys had fun.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:27 AM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Trailer Pic's ... <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
Good to see you back on the water TK. How about posting a pic of steps or whatever it was you added to your trailer. I am looking at doing similar.

Regards
Randy, The Pic's are posted in the Lounge ... <'TK><
Old 08-28-2015, 09:32 PM

My wife and I and our 2 babies were leaving about the time you were putting in the other day. I wasn't able to say hey to you since you were in the boat. That is a cool trick getting your wife to back you in.. I have to do it the opposite way. The wife can't back up a trailer. We didn't do worth a darn either. Also trolling a little for some crappie near the park. The babies both 3 yrs old sure love to ride in the boat and drive the boat on dads lap.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:31 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Lol !! <'tk><

Quote:
Originally Posted by navydocivan View Post
My wife and I and our 2 babies were leaving about the time you were putting in the other day. I wasn't able to say hey to you since you were in the boat. That is a cool trick getting your wife to back you in.. I have to do it the opposite way. The wife can't back up a trailer. We didn't do worth a darn either. Also trolling a little for some crappie near the park. The babies both 3 yrs old sure love to ride in the boat and drive the boat on dads lap.

Doc, I remember seeing you and the family, and I thought to myself ... Yep Making memories !! ...

Now the trailer backing ... You must have missed that part ... My wife is very capable of backing smaller utility and garden trailers ... But when it comes to using mirrors and a big load Nope!! .. I can back a boat 100 yds. on twisted roads .. But have yet to teach here how to use mirrors .. I had already brought the boat around to the ramp and had the tires in the water but had her pull out because I forgot to release the transom straps ( I had Brain surgery you know LOL ) She backed me back in but I was at a 45 Deg. to the Dock ... But we are a team and we manage ... <'TK><
Old 08-29-2015, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post
Doc, I remember seeing you and the family, and I thought to myself ... Yep Making memories !! ...

Now the trailer backing ... You must have missed that part ... My wife is very capable of backing smaller utility and garden trailers ... But when it comes to using mirrors and a big load Nope!! .. I can back a boat 100 yds. on twisted roads .. But have yet to teach here how to use mirrors .. I had already brought the boat around to the ramp and had the tires in the water but had her pull out because I forgot to release the transom straps ( I had Brain surgery you know LOL ) She backed me back in but I was at a 45 Deg. to the Dock ... But we are a team and we manage ... <'TK>< [/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Ive told mine we are taking the boat and trailer to walmart one day and she is gonna learn. Lol