FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 05-11-2020, 07:18 PM
Fishing Fool

Default New PB

Took a friend out Saturday and he blasted his new Personal best of 5lbs even. Wind was blowing pretty good and we were in the back of a pocket and he tied on a white and chartreuse spinnerbait and this fish inhaled it. I didn’t even know he had a fish on, it came up in front of me and I went nuts and then realized he was fighting it. Lol My fish in the pic was 2lbs 15 oz on the scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2020, 08:15 PM
Always Learning

Man, that's great. I swear, for the psychological part of fishing, you've got to be sitting a little taller in the saddle with that new ride. Just like anything new, kinda gives a different attitude / focus. Nice fish you guys caught though, and I suspect we'll see more from you as the summer goes on.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:13 AM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by culprit7.5 View Post
Man, that's great. I swear, for the psychological part of fishing, you've got to be sitting a little taller in the saddle with that new ride. Just like anything new, kinda gives a different attitude / focus. Nice fish you guys caught though, and I suspect we'll see more from you as the summer goes on.

I bought this boat so that my family and I could enjoy the lake even more. As much as I loved my old boat, it just wasn’t very enjoyable with them on it. It was just too small. But, as far as confidence goes, I just started gaining that back. A few weeks ago I fished a tournament out of a friends boat and we won with 18lbs. That was a real big booster. Each time I’ve been out since then and actually tried to catch a big one it’s happened. But only one. I can’t dial a big fish pattern.

Old 05-12-2020, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
I bought this boat so that my family and I could enjoy the lake even more. As much as I loved my old boat, it just wasn’t very enjoyable with them on it. It was just too small. But, as far as confidence goes, I just started gaining that back. A few weeks ago I fished a tournament out of a friends boat and we won with 18lbs. That was a real big booster. Each time I’ve been out since then and actually tried to catch a big one it’s happened. But only one. I can’t dial a big fish pattern.

Seems like you need to sell that new ride and fish with someone who knows how to catch fish. Pretty sure that would not be Merv.

I can offer you at least 50% of what you paid.

Now seriously. Where did you buy the new beauty?
Old 05-12-2020, 12:46 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
Seems like you need to sell that new ride and fish with someone who knows how to catch fish. Pretty sure that would not be Merv.

I can offer you at least 50% of what you paid.

Now seriously. Where did you buy the new beauty?

If I could get your old ass out there I might learn a thing or two. Or nothing and get dumber. Not sure. 😉
I got it from Freedom Marine in Guntersville. Great people.

Old 05-12-2020, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
If I could get your old ass out there I might learn a thing or two. Or nothing and get dumber. Not sure. 😉
I got it from Freedom Marine in Guntersville. Great people.

I doubt you could learn much if anything from me. I heard that your wife sold her encyclopedias because you knew everything.
Believe it or not I would enjoy a trip just for companionship. I have no cometetive trait. I just like people. Maybe a few exceptions like Merv.
I still remember how he treated an old red neck country boy for mistaking his fish tank for a port a potty. My wife never talked to me that way when I stayed out all night.
Old 05-12-2020, 07:04 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMBOLIE View Post
I doubt you could learn much if anything from me. I heard that your wife sold her encyclopedias because you knew everything.
Believe it or not I would enjoy a trip just for companionship. I have no cometetive trait. I just like people. Maybe a few exceptions like Merv.
I still remember how he treated an old red neck country boy for mistaking his fish tank for a port a potty. My wife never talked to me that way when I stayed out all night.

You have it backwards...I sold them cause SHE knows it all. Just ask her, she’ll tell you!! Lol when you gotta go you gotta go!