FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 03-12-2013, 12:05 PM

I agree with y'all! 110%

Mike
Old 03-12-2013, 06:19 PM
tnpondmanager

I had the same thought as you guys when I saw that photo and where it was taken (not by the water). I realize that technically keeping it is legal, but to me it's just a little on the ridiculous side to keep such a rare fish like that these days, when there are other species that eat better (not to mention smaller fish of the same species), and as another person noted, a replica can be made that looks as good as a mount. Just no good reason, in my opinion, to keep a fish like that.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Master Trout Magnet

Williamsport Facebook page says he is having fish mounted.....certainly his right but sad really.

Regards
Old 03-12-2013, 07:12 PM

Another thought on that, if he'd called Bass Pro they would have came picked the fish up, gave him a replica, put it in their tank and given him gift cards for that fish.

I forget all the weight break downs on fish in the tank but I do know if it's a largemouth over 10 and smallmouth over 6 will qualify. My cousin's husband put a 10lber in there back before the flood and that was what they offered him in getting the fish.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:57 AM

I agree with everyone that it would have been better and smarter to release this beauty. I know it was his decision to make but if I had the fortune of catching this fish or one like it, I would certainly release it after loading my phone up with pics. Just so that the next person that came along like myself that has never caught a Largemouth over 2lbs could get the thrill of a lifetime. Especially if it was a kid. Our 12 year old loves fishing as much as I do and I'd love to see him catch one like this. On a funny note, he lost a brand new lure last year, on the first cast, to a big fish at Williamsport and I showed him the pic of this fish and told him it was the one that took his lure.
At least this pic gives him and I hope for exciting times at Williamsport this year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-13-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis C. View Post
Another thought on that, if he'd called Bass Pro they would have came picked the fish up, gave him a replica, put it in their tank and given him gift cards for that fish.

I forget all the weight break downs on fish in the tank but I do know if it's a largemouth over 10 and smallmouth over 6 will qualify. My cousin's husband put a 10lber in there back before the flood and that was what they offered him in getting the fish.

I like that tank. I always make a few casts before I buy new lures, rods, reels, etc. Try before you buy.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:49 AM

It really hurts me to see this too.
Shoot, it hurts me to see any bass over 3 or 4 lbs kept.

On a lighter note, i need to get out to Williamsport and toss some big baits!
I will definitely photograph and release any bass i catch!