FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 08-18-2012, 09:38 PM

Default Fishing spot

Not looking for anyone's secret spot or anything, I need a bit of advice of some place local to me " Portland " can do gallatin,Portland, castalian springs and anywhere in between. Want a place to take my 3y/o so he can catch some fish. Either from the bank or my small flat bottom. Again. Not looking for anyone's secrets. Just a decent place to take him
Old 08-18-2012, 09:53 PM

I always see a lot of people fishing from the bank and docks at bullcreek boat ramp. Flippers is in the parking lot, great hamburgers, bathrooms, etc...
Old 08-28-2012, 11:24 AM

A place i've had great luck out here and with my little bro before was at the edge of gallatin and hendersonville

I'll edit this post with a pic.
On the left of the parking lot when you pull in beside the tree line is great for smaller fish for kids. Not tiny ones but nothing that will break their pole or line.
My little brother love sit out here due to he catches quite a few.

Also good for some catfishing too

Last edited by kvanconant; 08-28-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:40 PM

You don't need to leave Portland for that take her to the pay lake at Bottom View farms (in Portland) $10 and you can keep up to 6 catfish bring some fresh cut bait I fish a cork about 3 feet above the hook and it won't take long before you have action Then you can go to the deli there for a fried bologna and cheese sandwich and top it off with ice cream for dessert to celebrate the monsters you'll catch
Old 09-03-2012, 08:42 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishaholic View Post
You don't need to leave Portland for that take her to the pay lake at Bottom View farms (in Portland) $10 and you can keep up to 6 catfish bring some fresh cut bait I fish a cork about 3 feet above the hook and it won't take long before you have action Then you can go to the deli there for a fried bologna and cheese sandwich and top it off with ice cream for dessert to celebrate the monsters you'll catch
Paylake=BLASPHEMY
Old 09-03-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishaholic View Post
I have been there once with the son and wife and once alone. It's 10.00 a person. No matter the age. Both times the grass was so high around the bank you could hardly fish.