FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 01-26-2019, 07:44 PM

Default Let's tell some fishing stories

Since the weather sucks and the bass haven't been biting for me at least; let's tell fishing stories that bring back some good memories. I'll start it off with a couple.

I caught my second biggest bass to date not long after I got bit by the bass fishing bug. I was fishing with my friend who basically taught me almost everything I know about bass fishing. We were on the lower end of OH fishing a small rockpile. I was throwing a 10" ol' monster worm. I got a bite and set the hook and reeled in my fish. The fish wasn't fighting particularly hard and when I got it to the boat I noticed a giant bass trying to eat the worm that had made it's way a couple feet up my line. I was heartbroken because all I could think was I wish THAT fish had bit my worm instead of the one I had on. After watching that giant swim away, I went to swing my fish in the boat and when I did my rod cracked. Now laying in the bottom of the boat was a 7lb 3ounce beast. I had no idea I even had a good fish on but I was no longer heart broken.

I have another story. I was fishing OH by myself early one summer morning 3 or 4 years ago. I was flipping wood on the bank and got hung in a tree. When I finally got unhung I was using my paddle to push my boat away from the bank. Well my paddle slipped off the tree and face first in the lake I went. I made it back in the boat pretty easy and everything was good except for missing a flip flop. It was very early and no one around so I decided to remove all my clothes and ring the water out. Well I'm standing there in my birthday suit when 2 guys in a bass boat come flying out of a small creek that I'm sitting at the mouth of. They past by at about 50 yards and I'm not sure what kind of look I had on my face but I got a good look at theirs and they didn't look impressed.

Last edited by Texas_Rig; 01-26-2019 at 09:04 PM.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post

I have another story. I was fishing OH by myself early one summer morning 3 or 4 years ago. I was flipping wood on the bank and got hung in a tree. When I finally got unhung I was using my paddle to push my boat away from the bank. Well my paddle slipped off the tree and face first in the lake I went. I made it back in the boat pretty easy and everything was good except for missing a flip flop. It was very early and no one around so I decided to remove all my clothes and ring the water out. Well I'm standing there in my birthday suit when 2 guys in a bass boat come flying out of a small creek that I'm sitting at the mouth of. They past by at about 50 yards and I'm not sure what kind of look I had on my face but I got a good look at theirs and they didn't look impressed.

LMAO , they are also telling that story, remember the time we saw that freak naked in that boat? lol

Last summer I was fishing with my buddy on Center Hill , all of a sudden I felt my stomach rumbling and realized I had an emergency on my hand , had him drop me off at the bank, before I could climb up a hill all hell started to break loose, no time to go behind a tree I had to drop my drawers right there, as luck would have it a boat comes rolling into the creek and I hear omg look that guy is taking a sh!t, I look at them and just wave, thinking life couldn't get any worse I look down and I'm squatting in poison ivy lol
Old 01-27-2019, 03:07 PM

Lmao. Poison ivy. Ouch.

My two personal best(6.1) came two weeks apart. First old hickory on Spinnerbait,second was Barkley while fishing small club tournament with my wife. She was sitting on back seat throwing shad rap with no pedestal. All comfortable looking. I told her she better be able get the net cause I was fixing catch a good one. 10 minutes later I set hook and she bout killed her self and boat getting net. I still laugh my as# off bout that one. Been over 20 years ago.