FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 03-12-2012, 10:21 AM

Default White Bass run

Anybody finding schools of them in the rivers and streams yet? Last year in late May I caught 17 of them in a few hours wading in the Calfkiller, it was a blast. Pretty late for them to still be in there that thick though, I'm guessing that was due to the colder and longer than average winter. Since we had a warm winter perhaps they're already showing up? I may give that same honeyhole in the Calfkiller a shot this weekend.

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

SUMKINA Bait Company Prostaff
Old 03-12-2012, 10:24 AM

I was finding them a few weeks ago, but since then I haven't had much luck. I think it's still a little early. The old timers will tell you it coincides with the redbuds hitting full bloom.

bd
Old 03-12-2012, 12:12 PM

The run is starting. I fished Priest yesterday for about 1.5 hours and was catching white bass and yellow stripe on just about every other cast. I did end up keeping quite a few for a fish fry. With the warmer weather this week, I think fishing will really start to turn.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg march1112resize.jpg (266.8 KB, 98 views)
Old 03-12-2012, 03:41 PM

Thumbs up bigun

hey fisher01 what were they hitting on I was headed to priest tuesday morning. were you fishing upper,mid,or lower part of lake.nice catch.them little yellowbass are quite tasty.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:49 PM

Ive done quite well on them with a small baby bass pattern Rapala and also a 2" pumpkinseed grub with a green tail. Those are my two favorite white bass lures but I've also caught them on roostertails

I feel bad for people who don't hunt and fish. They never get to experience God's creation the way we do.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigun View Post
hey fisher01 what were they hitting on I was headed to priest tuesday morning. were you fishing upper,mid,or lower part of lake.nice catch.them little yellowbass are quite tasty.
bigun:

I was bank fishing in a mid-area of the lake, using a 1/32 oz. black/charteuse jig with 4lb test. Went back today, same action, along with catching several crappie and 3 largemouth bass 16-17 inches. Today, for some reason 1/32 oz jig was not getting many hits so I switched to a 1/16 oz. same color and the action really picked-up.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:16 PM

Thumbs up bigun

thanks fisher01.for the info.I'll be fishing around mid lake longhunter area ponderosa island hongkong island and hobson pike area.I launch at longhunter access area.thanks again. I will give a report.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:07 PM

Default White bass

We were jigging below Center Hill Dam Saturday. Action was a little slow so I decided to toss a jerk bait over close to the cliffs just for the fun of it. Two Hrs later two of us had caught close to 40. We were fishing jerk baits and lazer blade baits.

We did manage to put one keeper sauger in the boat before happening upon the white bass.

The picture is of the biggest one white bass of the day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (148.3 KB, 70 views)
Old 03-13-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSLLC View Post
We were jigging below Center Hill Dam Saturday. Action was a little slow so I decided to toss a jerk bait over close to the cliffs just for the fun of it. Two Hrs later two of us had caught close to 40. We were fishing jerk baits and lazer blade baits.

We did manage to put one keeper sauger in the boat before happening upon the white bass.

The picture is of the biggest one white bass of the day.
Nice...

Is the sluice off now?
Old 03-13-2012, 08:02 PM

I worked the bank tonight after work around Jefferson Springs boat ramp. Caught everything from bluegill to crappie to yellow bass. All small and still no white bass but I believe the spring fishing is starting!