FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Fishing Gear
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 07-15-2016, 10:51 PM

Arrow Lowrance HDS touch Unit Losing Depth

My Lowrance HDS Touch has acted up the last 2 times out. First off, The depth goes away from time to time sometimes for a few minutes. Secondly, The Sonar will freeze also, same thing, for a little bit then it will come back on.

I did a reset, and it worked for a while, but now the losing Depth and Freezing has returned.

Anybody?
Old 07-16-2016, 08:50 AM

I remain hopeful this is something you can have corrected with the warranty. I have been planning on the Gen3 HDS7 for the console and have just wanted to watch and see for a while on the longevity aspect of the product before I drop a few thousand. I do find this disturbing, I always worry about Planned Obsolescence with brands once they have defined it as an element of their marking program. Using this technique on the premium line is a surefire way to destroy the brand name.
What is so funny is I have a Eagle fish finder from 1990 that has survived being duct taped to the bow of two flat bottoms and still functions flawlessly. Again, we remain hopeful the product warranty will rectify the issues your having.
Old 07-16-2016, 11:53 AM

I hate that for ya man. My lowrance elite-7 chirp is about to become an anchor if it dont start acting right. Exact same problem. Loses depth and freezes constantly. Freezes for 5-10 seconds...works for a minute or 2 then freezes again....over and over. Im calling lowrance monday.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:00 PM

I had similar problems and it ended up being a power issue. I had my deep cycle battery that was going bad. I replaced the battery and the issues are gone.
Old 07-17-2016, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottedbass View Post
I had similar problems and it ended up being a power issue. I had my deep cycle battery that was going bad. I replaced the battery and the issues are gone.
Mine is wired directly to a Brand New Die Hard AGM 31 Platinum Battery. It worked last month flawlessly, then all of a sudden, freezing and depth loss. Even switched to the front transducer in the Motorguide, unplugged the network, soft reset. Guess I need to get on the phone Monday myself.

I can't fish without this thing
Old 07-17-2016, 09:47 AM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I remain hopeful this is something you can have corrected with the warranty. I have been planning on the Gen3 HDS7 for the console and have just wanted to watch and see for a while on the longevity aspect of the product before I drop a few thousand. I do find this disturbing, I always worry about Planned Obsolescence with brands once they have defined it as an element of their marking program. Using this technique on the premium line is a surefire way to destroy the brand name.
What is so funny is I have a Eagle fish finder from 1990 that has survived being duct taped to the bow of two flat bottoms and still functions flawlessly. Again, we remain hopeful the product warranty will rectify the issues your having.

Go with a Garmin 93sv instead of spending thousands of dollars, you spend 700 and in my opinion have just as good of a unit, with a bigger screen. I got mine off eBay for $699 brand new and love it. There are three features I don't have that lowrance hds does. 1) no engine readout features
2) no overlay on the maps, which is really nice to have
3) not touch screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2016, 12:05 PM

I'm sure the Garmin is a great unit, but I've installed the Gateway system with the Motorguide Xi5, and when the Lowrance is working, it's like Magic. I can set a waypoint and tell the Motorguide to go it and park me there. It's really amazing, like I said, when it works
Old 07-27-2016, 02:06 PM

*Update: I installed the new firmware/software update and everything has been working correctly.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:08 PM

Thats great! glad its working for ya!
im probably gonna have to do the same thing.