FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 07-24-2016, 06:10 PM

Default Black Boat Blues

Hind sight is 20/20 right? Lol.
Well lesson learned on a black boat.
The water stains were horrific on my boat. Ive used various orange/citrus based cleaners, purple power (both dilluted and full strength) windex, awesome, dawn, ect ect. Those water spots just laughed at me! lmao.
Finally went with a 50/50 of white vinegar and boiling water. Still some spots but at least i can see pure paint again. At the cost of dulling the shine some, i had to use a scotchbrite pad to scrub it as well.
2 coats of good old fashion turtle wax should hopefully curb any future build-up.
I know ive read a fairly recent thread about you guys saying what youve all used and i thought i tried just about everything. Lol.
The sad thing is, now with a nice clean boat, all the battle scars with boat docks really pop and scream at ya! lol.
Lesson of the boat owning life: no black boats. End of lesson! lol
Old 07-24-2016, 07:42 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Black Boats .. <'TK><

TNBB ... I had a new Black boat once upon a time .. Black and Burnt Orange Glitter .. The first thing I did when removing it from the water I would towel it down ... When I got it home I would spray lemon Pledge furniture polish on the complete hull, easy and quick ... What it does is makes it shine like new but also repels water .. So the future usage of the boat will not collect the stains and grime ... It worked for me .. <'TK><

Old 07-24-2016, 08:50 PM

Thanks TK! Thats a cheap solution to that! I will give that a shot now that i got her all spit shined!
Old 07-25-2016, 05:05 AM

Bartenders Friend will remove water spots on automotive glass, but not sure how it would work on FG. Honda spray wax & cleaner will work in place of Pledge, but will cost a bit more. Harley has a similar spray wax but it says HD on it, so it costs more.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:28 AM

http://www.boatstore.com/ducky-water...FQMLaQod9bsFIg

When I had a bass boat, this stuff was like magic! Spray on and wipe off after every or every other use.

Mike

Mike
Old 07-25-2016, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNfisher View Post
http://www.boatstore.com/ducky-water...FQMLaQod9bsFIg

When I had a bass boat, this stuff was like magic! Spray on and wipe off after every or every other use.
Use that AFTER its been washed clean after every use to prevent the spots from sticking right?
I guess now that its been scrubbed and waxed i need to use some kind of preventative product to reduce shoulder wear on effortless scrubbing. Lol

Mike
Old 07-25-2016, 01:03 PM

It takes spots right off too, leaves a beaut of a shine. Atleast on my polished glitter rocket!

Mike

Mike
Old 07-25-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNtroller View Post
Bartenders Friend will remove water spots on automotive glass, but not sure how it would work on FG. Honda spray wax & cleaner will work in place of Pledge, but will cost a bit more. Harley has a similar spray wax but it says HD on it, so it costs more.
X2

Old 07-25-2016, 03:32 PM

Thanks guys! it was certainly easier to get the spots off the vinyl decaling, but the black paint....she was a bear to clean!
I will try these!