FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 01-18-2012, 08:33 PM
woody62457

Default Looking for info on Normandy and Elk River

Hey Im new to this forum and looking for some info on trout fishing on normandy and elk river tailswaters. I mostly fish the tuckascgee in sylva n.c. have caught some lunkers there any help would be great.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:53 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody62457 View Post
Hey Im new to this forum and looking for some info on trout fishing on normandy and elk river tailswaters. I mostly fish the tuckascgee in sylva n.c. have caught some lunkers there any help would be great.
You will not catch any lunker Trout below Normandy...plenty of stockers though. Check for flow...if around 150CFS or less...go. At some time in early Spring if you are there you will get into a run of Kentucky Bass...a lot of them going three pounds. The Elk does have some nice Trout. You will need to wade...and or walk....from where you park your car and fish all the way down to the first bend that goes to the right...you can't miss it. There are other fish there...but I have not caught any of them. If you want lunker Trout go up to the Caney...below Center Hill Dam. My best Brown up there was about 7 pounds...my sons best had to be right at 10 pounds...my nephew has caught many 6 and 7 pound Browns and he and I both have caught a lot of 20 plus inch Rainbows.

good luck