FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 08-22-2012, 05:51 AM

Default JPP Aug. 20, 2012 Crappie

Went Monday AM at daylight, fished lower lake, seem to do better with larger crappie there. Fished 18 to 24 feet just off bottom around known structure that I put in the water and some other that I happened across.

My partner caught 19 and I kept 15, about one third others just short. Cleaned them for a Walter Hill Country Club fish fry.

I used a crappie magnet (Percy) and he used the kentucky rig with minnows. Weater was cloudy and cool enough for a hoody until the sun came out. Still shirt sleeve wonderful. Quit about 10 or 1030.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:54 AM

Got me a pair of the Shimano Evair shoes seen advertised to the right from Amazon at Murfreesboro Outdoors, about $10 cheaper. Iusually wear Crocs but I really like the Shimanos.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:30 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
Went Monday AM at daylight, fished lower lake, seem to do better with larger crappie there. Fished 18 to 24 feet just off bottom around known structure that I put in the water and some other that I happened across.

My partner caught 19 and I kept 15, about one third others just short. Cleaned them for a Walter Hill Country Club fish fry.

I used a crappie magnet (Percy) and he used the kentucky rig with minnows. Weater was cloudy and cool enough for a hoody until the sun came out. Still shirt sleeve wonderful. Quit about 10 or 1030.
Way to go jaycee. I think next week maybe I will get to try my crappie hole. I think the water has cooled enough for them to move up a little.

Regards
Old 08-22-2012, 08:58 AM

Nice, I have been looking for them on my honey holes but no shows so far.

I may try OH tomorrow if the water isn't too colored up. That seems to really pin them tight to the sticks.