FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar
Google

Old 10-02-2016, 09:06 AM

Default Boating Registration Question

I go to college here in Nashville but my Boating and Driver's License is from Ohio. I am about to buy a boat here in Tennessee and probably use it most of the time here considering there are more school months then summer break months. Is it okay to have an Ohio boating license but have the boat registered in TN? Out of state boats in Ohio can be used for unlimited amount of time unlike Tennessee so I'd like to register in TN.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:19 AM
Dakota S

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfisherman View Post
I go to college here in Nashville but my Boating and Driver's License is from Ohio. I am about to buy a boat here in Tennessee and probably use it most of the time here considering there are more school months then summer break months. Is it okay to have an Ohio boating license but have the boat registered in TN? Out of state boats in Ohio can be used for unlimited amount of time unlike Tennessee so I'd like to register in TN.
I would call TWRA office and just confirm what you're asking. I dont know if its unlimited time like you said it was in Ohio. My first thought would be as long as your boat is registered you would be ok? Here is a link if you need it for any other questions. https://www.tn.gov/twra/article/http...ster-your-boat
Old 10-02-2016, 04:49 PM

If you have it registered in Tn you'll get a Tn boat license with the sticker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk