FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 05-20-2019, 08:27 AM

Default How is JJP now days

I plan on going fishing Tuesday, taking a second seat for the first time, maybe over around Seven or Vivrett and was wondering what the action was like.

Also is there any grass flats on that lake..? I've yet to see any... or am I just looking in the wrong coves ? TIA
Old 05-20-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
I plan on going fishing Tuesday, taking a second seat for the first time, maybe over around Seven or Vivrett and was wondering what the action was like.

Also is there any grass flats on that lake..? I've yet to see any... or am I just looking in the wrong coves ? TIA
Most of my fish have been in 6-10 feet of water. Water is warming up QUICK
Old 05-20-2019, 09:49 AM

https://www.nashvilleweather.net/graphs24.shtml

here is a good set of graphs you can check before you go out. Mainly the barometer.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:04 PM

No grass flats to fish. I was out on the 11th and caught a bunch of fish up shallow on rock leading out of spawning areas. I would think a good portion of the fish would be offshore by now.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:16 PM

midnight to daylight, hybrids are still killing it.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:38 PM

Thanks for the reports but there has been a change of plans.. Now I'm launching at Long Branch and maybe work cedar creek
Old 05-21-2019, 08:23 PM
Always Learning

Let us know how you do.
If I was going out, I'd be there before sunrise and have a topwater rigged up and some baitfish imitation rigged on another rod. Set the trolling motor on high and cruise the shallow hot spots. After the sun gets up, I'd start dragging some plastics a little deeper. Carolina rig is a favorite on any gravel or roadbeds I can find.
I think I may go out Friday night for a little night fishing but after that, you won't find me anywhere near the lake till after the weekend.
Good Luck.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by culprit7.5 View Post
Let us know how you do.
If I was going out, I'd be there before sunrise and have a topwater rigged up and some baitfish imitation rigged on another rod. Set the trolling motor on high and cruise the shallow hot spots. After the sun gets up, I'd start dragging some plastics a little deeper. Carolina rig is a favorite on any gravel or roadbeds I can find.
I think I may go out Friday night for a little night fishing but after that, you won't find me anywhere near the lake till after the weekend.
Good Luck.

My most memorable moment was casting a a white spinner off the dock and found I had a shad running along side and then swam around looking for it when I lifted it out of the water. I think it was love at first sight, but not so much for the bass.

I threw White grub on white spinner, white chatter, green pumpkin football jig, chrome rattle trap, red crawfish crank bait, even a rubber minnow with a fluttering curly tail and nothing... a few chasers / roll by's that I noticed.... but nothing.

The guy that went with me ? 2 big sunny's and 3 bass, 1 nice 19" on the oddest setup, but basically a jointed minnow.

Yep skunked again...

If that wasn't bad enough, I accidentally hit the trolling motor button and the blades hit the painted gunnel scratching the hell out of it. Then I have this Alba Garcia BC reel that has an attitude... My thumb slipped during a cast... it didn't backlash it didn't just bird nest... Half the spool decided it wanted off at once... I just put the rod back in the rod box and didn't bother with it til I got home. I felt like such a rookie today.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:34 PM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headhunter View Post
midnight to daylight, hybrids are still killing it.
Who the hell wants to fish midnight to daylight?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2019, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesssone View Post

It's a young people thing, Merv. At your age you need to be sleeping during those hours.

BTW, have you been in hibernation?
Old 05-22-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:

I guess people who like to fish topwater for hybrids and CATCH them. The size of the fish has been down a little but the numbers are off the chart.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:24 AM
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
My most memorable moment was casting a a white spinner off the dock and found I had a shad running along side and then swam around looking for it when I lifted it out of the water. I think it was love at first sight, but not so much for the bass.

I threw White grub on white spinner, white chatter, green pumpkin football jig, chrome rattle trap, red crawfish crank bait, even a rubber minnow with a fluttering curly tail and nothing... a few chasers / roll by's that I noticed.... but nothing.

The guy that went with me ? 2 big sunny's and 3 bass, 1 nice 19" on the oddest setup, but basically a jointed minnow.

Yep skunked again...

If that wasn't bad enough, I accidentally hit the trolling motor button and the blades hit the painted gunnel scratching the hell out of it. Then I have this Alba Garcia BC reel that has an attitude... My thumb slipped during a cast... it didn't backlash it didn't just bird nest... Half the spool decided it wanted off at once... I just put the rod back in the rod box and didn't bother with it til I got home. I felt like such a rookie today.

Shad must be spawning. Happened last weekend in Alabama.
I was on Lake Wilson in Alabama last weekend and at first light I made sure I was near the docks of the marina.
Double bladed white spinner bait running just below the dock floats was the ticket. Several shad trying to hump it but the big bass would come out and hammer it. Low light conditions were best, they would be done by 6:30.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:

I'm with ya Merv!

I really like my bed at midnight.

Yep, let the youngsters wear it out. I use to do that stuff ... about 30 years ago.
Old 05-22-2019, 02:17 PM

I am 53.
Old 05-22-2019, 06:33 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Senior Abuse!!! .. <'TK><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headhunter View Post
I am 53.
There you go 53 year old's picking on Seniors... I turned turned 73 on March 17 this year ... Just so happens the next day Merv was born two years later after I was...

Now when I was a youngster (53) I would chase fish in all hours of the day and night.... Now at 73 I have found my priorities have changed ... I think it is a Senior thing ... LOL !! ... <'TK><