FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 10-17-2019, 04:00 PM

Exclamation Break in at Rome Boat Ramp

My truck was broke into Monday at Rome Boat Ramp in Smith Co. between 2:30 and 4:30 PM. I left the window down some for air and it looks like they somehow forced it down far enough to unlock the truck. They took my motor support and the two straps that secure the boat to the trailer and about $20.00 out of the console. Be sure you don't leave anything in plain view when parked there. I was the only truck there and there is not a lot of traffic which may be why they hit it. I am thinking that when I am not in a hurry, I will drive down to the boat ramps I pass just so thieves will see some traffic in the area.
Old 10-17-2019, 04:40 PM

Dang that sucks. Sometimes people really suck. The worst part is that looking at the stolen items, it was probably a fisherman that stole everything.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:08 PM

Sorry to hear this. There is a new thief in the area cause someone broke into a house about 1/4 mile up the road from me. In 20 plus yrs we never had any break in's in the hood. I live in the Flat Rock area and we've had any issues until this past week. Might be time to set out some trail cams if you know what I mean
Old 10-17-2019, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker View Post
My truck was broke into Monday at Rome Boat Ramp in Smith Co. between 2:30 and 4:30 PM. I left the window down some for air and it looks like they somehow forced it down far enough to unlock the truck. They took my motor support and the two straps that secure the boat to the trailer and about $20.00 out of the console. Be sure you don't leave anything in plain view when parked there. I was the only truck there and there is not a lot of traffic which may be why they hit it. I am thinking that when I am not in a hurry, I will drive down to the boat ramps I pass just so thieves will see some traffic in the area.
I have a used motor toter you can have. Pick it up or pay for shipping. I can send you some pics if your interested.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:23 AM

Tracker, Flatline....good to see some others in the area. I live on Eatherly Lane and back up to Roundlick and fish the Rome area often. The place is pretty shady in my mind. Vehicles are always coming in and out and they don't look like the outdoors type....Check out the nextdoor app/website. There is a NextDoor Eatherly Lane that I started and it covers the flat rock area if you want to get the message out about suspicious people, etc.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:53 AM

Thanks for the offer Alan 54 but I bought one yesterday. I was hoping to find a generic one but none I could find would fit over the square plug on my trailer so I had to get one from the tracker service center (ouch).

Last edited by tracker; 10-18-2019 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Didn't state who reply was to
Old 10-18-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN256 View Post
Tracker, Flatline....good to see some others in the area. I live on Eatherly Lane and back up to Roundlick and fish the Rome area often. The place is pretty shady in my mind. Vehicles are always coming in and out and they don't look like the outdoors type....Check out the nextdoor app/website. There is a NextDoor Eatherly Lane that I started and it covers the flat rock area if you want to get the message out about suspicious people, etc.

You are about a mile from me.. would like to meet up one day