FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 10-11-2019, 05:36 PM

Default Schleprock

I have a question for you. I think you are from the crossville area or at least spend a lot of time there. I was looking at my navionics app for potential lakes that I haven't been to within a reasonable driving distance. I noticed a couple small lakes in the Crossville area and I was wondering if you were aware if they were private or public. The lakes were Lake St George and Lake Catherine. If they are public, do they have good fishing? Any info would be appreciated
Old 10-11-2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
I have a question for you. I think you are from the crossville area or at least spend a lot of time there. I was looking at my navionics app for potential lakes that I haven't been to within a reasonable driving distance. I noticed a couple small lakes in the Crossville area and I was wondering if you were aware if they were private or public. The lakes were Lake St George and Lake Catherine. If they are public, do they have good fishing? Any info would be appreciated
They are both private lakes in the Fairfield Glade area, I have fished Catherine and did pretty good, 12 fish with a 4lber in 2 hours , theres like 9 lakes in FFG and they all have decent fish from what I hear

If you ever want to take a ride to Crossville I can take you to my home lake, Lake Tansi , its a better fishery than those lakes due to the grass , just got my 9th over 5lbs since March the other day , would love to see your expertise there
Old 10-12-2019, 09:43 AM

Thanks for the invite man. I'll take you up on that sometime. I thought those lakes were probably private.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the invite man. I'll take you up on that sometime. I thought those lakes were probably private.
Theres one there called Dartmoor that I want to fish so bad, its about 200 acres and pretty deep , during spring you can see giant bass on the beds , kills me working there and not being able to put my boat in
Old 10-12-2019, 08:17 PM

Speaking of Dartmoor, can anyone fish this in their boat as long as licenses/permit is purchased?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2019, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleprock View Post
Theres one there called Dartmoor that I want to fish so bad, its about 200 acres and pretty deep , during spring you can see giant bass on the beds , kills me working there and not being able to put my boat in

Looks like you can pay $10extra and fish it according to what TroutFiend posted
Old 10-13-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Looks like you can pay $10extra and fish it according to what TroutFiend posted
Just called them, you can buy a temporary sticker for $20 that is good for 2 weeks and you can put a boat in any lake , otherwise you can buy a permit for $10 and fish the bank

Definitely going to do this next spring , you can only get the boat permit until the end of October
Old 10-13-2019, 11:37 AM

Thanks for checking.
As far as Dartmoor bank fishing goes, are there designated areas only or can you roam around a bit?

Old 10-13-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutFiend View Post
Thanks for checking.
As far as Dartmoor bank fishing goes, are there designated areas only or can you roam around a bit?

There are some areas like the dam that I see people bank fishing but not sure you are allowed to cross peoples property to fish the bank, I work in FFG a lot and I can tell you some of those people are class A jerks and would complain if you fished off their property