FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 09-26-2019, 12:09 PM

Default My 1st night on CH

I thought I would do a little early evening fishing followed by some catfishing last night for the first time.

I have to say it was very peaceful out there and I really didn't have much issue with bugs... I did have a bat flying around for company.. Always have been fascinated by those little creatures.

Anyhow, lost a nice bass when he went air born and graciously returned my new deep dive shad to me. I have to admit it was a beautiful site as it launch itself out of the water... picture perfect.

Thank god I have a fish finder with map.. I could not imagine trying to navigate in the dark. I have to admit its a little daunting.

I tried my hand at some 1st time noodle fishing. Tried a couple areas, but I just couldn't find them. I did realize that I'm gonna have to increase the weights. I figured 1/4 -3/8 oz would be enough to unroll the braid line off the noodle... Nope. Had several of them with the line still half wound up.

Another thing.. ( rhetorical ) How the hell does a noodle find its counter parts ? I spaced them about 100' apart around me yet some how they managed to group together.. I mean like literally a foot apart..

Long story short.. catfish are safe from me.... still
Old 09-26-2019, 12:45 PM

You were using "Homing Noodles". Kind of like Homing Pigeons but in this case noodles.
Old 09-26-2019, 02:25 PM

HahHa! I use 1oz egg sinkers in mine. Also look at the wind before you throw. Also any boat traffic will push them. It gets frustrating if you don’t watch’em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2019, 10:33 PM

I weight mine with half a brick. Enough that the fish is close to where I left it and the bait is fishing where I want it but not so much that it sinks the noodle. I use them like limblines where there aren’t any good limbs.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickT View Post
I weight mine with half a brick. Enough that the fish is close to where I left it and the bait is fishing where I want it but not so much that it sinks the noodle. I use them like limblines where there aren’t any good limbs.

Nice never heard of that

Old 09-27-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzy15 View Post
HahHa! I use 1oz egg sinkers in mine. Also look at the wind before you throw. Also any boat traffic will push them. It gets frustrating if you don’t watch’em

I suppose I could just drop one here and there while searching for these elusive creatures. Naw I just found a spot and just spread them around the area so I could keep an eye on them.

I've never fished like this before, to be honest I can see why most go with someone else.

I do have a question, how deep or how much line should I use ? Right now I'm using 15 feet of line with the weight inline about 18" above the bait.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:59 AM
nashvillefishingguides.co

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
I suppose I could just drop one here and there while searching for these elusive creatures. Naw I just found a spot and just spread them around the area so I could keep an eye on them.

I've never fished like this before, to be honest I can see why most go with someone else.

I do have a question, how deep or how much line should I use ? Right now I'm using 15 feet of line with the weight inline about 18" above the bait.
Most jugs I see (abandoned or lost) have a line about 8 ft long.
Old 09-27-2019, 06:33 PM

I fish with 30 jugs. Half are at 15 the others at 6-8. The 15 go in the channel and the shallow ones in closer to the banks.

Old 09-27-2019, 06:59 PM

I decided to check uTube and got some great ideas on some designs. I get the brick part. One guy was using a solo cup with cement and a embedded wire to anchor it to the bottom to keep it from floating away on 25' of line with multiple hooks. In any case I'm going to redo all my floaties.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:38 PM

We always used 2 liter bottles with about 5 ft of line max. 1 ounce weight and a live bluegill. We always threw them about 10ft from the bank in an area where the wind is blowing or would be blowing during the night. Flatheads couldn't resist. We would leave them overnight and check them first thing that morning. Just a warning, if you see one of your jugs in a tree the next morning, it's usually from a pissed off bass fisherman or a snake! I suggest a long pole to grab them with. Speaking from experience Lol