FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > Fishing Discussion > Local Fishing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 08-07-2018, 05:42 PM
Fishing Fool

Default Slumpity slump slump

Idk what my deal is, but I am in one helluva fish slump. I haven’t put a legal bass in a boat in almost a month. 😵🔫 I have however put legal walleye, and sauger, two fish that have eluded me for a loooong time. But I’m not after those. I’m in bass tournament situations and looking for green carp!! I know I’m finding fish cause deezltek is catching them. I have thrown the EXACT SAME, IDENTICAL, thing as him. EXACT. I don’t get it. I’m bout ready to sell my boat and all my gear and take up needlepoint or tap dancing. Thanks for letting me rant, just needed to get this off my chest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2018, 09:08 PM

Yeah, I think maybe God is telling you that needlepoint is your calling. It happened to me a couple of years ago. I am now decorating cakes in my spare time. Thank God I don't have those nightmares about losing big fish, coming in last in a tournament, getting skunked by my fishing buddies, waking up late on tournament day, etc. anymore. I know those fish that used to tease me miss me, but I don't care. They almost ruined my life there for about 40 years, but now, I'm happy and contented. To hell with them fish. Happy needlepointing!
Old 08-07-2018, 09:41 PM

Im with you Skillet. I haven't been on consistent quality for about 3 weeks now. I can consistently catch a limit but 3lbers have been pretty hard to come by and I've only caught one 4lber in the last couple weeks. It's tough everywhere around here right now.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:06 PM

Well I guess it is good to know it wasn't just me having a tuff time catching fish. July was ruff I was skunked several trips and I don't always catch big fish but I think I was the KING of 1lb Bass,lol. Heck last year I only had one trip that I didn't catch anything at all but this year there have been more 0 than I want to think about....depressing. Last day of July I caught a LM that tied my PB and thought the slump was over but followed that with a trip to Caney River and got another big fat zero.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:30 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rig View Post
Im with you Skillet. I haven't been on consistent quality for about 3 weeks now. I can consistently catch a limit but 3lbers have been pretty hard to come by and I've only caught one 4lber in the last couple weeks. It's tough everywhere around here right now.

I’d love a limit of cookie cutters. It I can’t catch a damn 14” bass to save my life. Usedtacould. It’s depressing as hell and something is gonna have to change. Lol. I’m not giving up yet, but if deezltek keeps catching all the fish, I’m gonna have to find a new partner. Idk if anybody that can put up with me like he can. 😂😂😂

Old 08-07-2018, 10:31 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormdunker View Post
Yeah, I think maybe God is telling you that needlepoint is your calling. It happened to me a couple of years ago. I am now decorating cakes in my spare time. Thank God I don't have those nightmares about losing big fish, coming in last in a tournament, getting skunked by my fishing buddies, waking up late on tournament day, etc. anymore. I know those fish that used to tease me miss me, but I don't care. They almost ruined my life there for about 40 years, but now, I'm happy and contented. To hell with them fish. Happy needlepointing!

Such a smart Ass!!!! 😂😂😂😂

Old 08-07-2018, 10:34 PM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickfan70 View Post
Well I guess it is good to know it wasn't just me having a tuff time catching fish. July was ruff I was skunked several trips and I don't always catch big fish but I think I was the KING of 1lb Bass,lol. Heck last year I only had one trip that I didn't catch anything at all but this year there have been more 0 than I want to think about....depressing. Last day of July I caught a LM that tied my PB and thought the slump was over but followed that with a trip to Caney River and got another big fat zero.

Last Sunday I caught 0. Sunday before that I caught one 10” bass. That Saturday in the river I caught 1 15” smallmouth. Sunday before that no legal fish. And the Sunday before that all shorts also. 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Old 08-08-2018, 09:51 AM

I've been consistently catching LM on the upper OHL and Cumberland but cant catch a quality fish for the life of me. dink. dink. dink. dink. and dink. I've tried shallow, deep, fast, slow, you name it just cant find a good fish. Where finding fish each outing just nothing to brag about. Its been rough lol.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:17 AM

Could be worse, my boat just sits in the driveway.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:59 PM

Hey Skillet,
Watch some Bill Dance videos. He always catches lunkers.
Could be your hat.....Just saying.
Good luck on your next trip!
TerryD (aka Meathog)
Old 08-08-2018, 06:56 PM

Hang in there skillet. Dog days r tuff. Last year I was Texas rigging a senko type bait and catching quality next to channel drops. This year boat not been out since July 1st. Having gallbladder surgery in morning. Hope to have a chance to join the zero club in a couple weeks. Keep chunking guys.
Old 08-08-2018, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
Hey Skillet,

Welp...there ya have it....
Old 08-09-2018, 07:33 AM

Glad to know there's a club I fit right in to!.... Last year I couldn't go out with out catching a 5-6lb fish, this year I can only catch a heat stroke..... Adrian's post did give me some hope, but where I'm fishing (upper end of Cordell) the water can still be in the mid 60's so they're still being caught fairly shallow. There was a 7.4 caught in last weeks tournament (they had 11+ in just 2 fish!) and another guy that wasn't in the deal but fished with us had one that was 8.3.... I had zero keepers... Disappointing to say the least...
Old 08-09-2018, 10:57 AM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
Hey Skillet,

Watch some Bill Dance videos. He always catches lunkers.

Good luck on your next trip!

TerryD (aka Meathog)

I’ve tried different hats last couple weeks😂😂😂😂. I am superstitious about that and catching a fish on the first cast. I catch a fish first cast, I go home.

Old 08-09-2018, 10:58 AM
Fishing Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystratos View Post
Hang in there skillet. Dog days r tuff. Last year I was Texas rigging a senko type bait and catching quality next to channel drops. This year boat not been out since July 1st. Having gallbladder surgery in morning. Hope to have a chance to join the zero club in a couple weeks. Keep chunking guys.

You’ll be healed up in no time and not catching fish before you know it!! Hope all goes well for ya