FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community

Go Back   FishingTN.com Tennessee's Fishing and Boating Community > General Discussion > Sports Lounge - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Google

Old 02-11-2020, 09:50 PM
Owner and Administrator

Smile Cancer update .. TK

Well the verdict is in from the CT Scan ... No additional cancer was found in my little body. There was two nodules found in the area where my Kidney was removed but appeared more like scar tissue or some other after effects do to the surgery (I hope not extra tools ) Dr. Schlicker (oncologist) will be communicating to Dr. Hawkins (Urologist/Surgeon)... I have experienced some sore areas in that area since the kidney removal. My thinking it was ribs ?

I have an appointment forth coming from Vanderbilt about to see if I am a candidate for a preventive study/ trial via my immune system. Sarcomatoid cancer is aggressive but caught in time is curable..... I think and hope I got ahead of it .... I'll keep you in the loop.... TK
Old 02-12-2020, 08:48 AM
Master Trout Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkwalker View Post
Well the verdict is in from the CT Scan ... No additional cancer was found in my little body. There was two nodules found in the area where my Kidney was removed but appeared more like scar tissue or some other after effects do to the surgery (I hope not extra tools ) Dr. Schlicker (oncologist) will be communicating to Dr. Hawkins (Urologist/Surgeon)... I have experienced some sore areas in that area since the kidney removal. My thinking it was ribs ?

I have an appointment forth coming from Vanderbilt about to see if I am a candidate for a preventive study/ trial via my immune system. Sarcomatoid cancer is aggressive but caught in time is curable..... I think and hope I got ahead of it .... I'll keep you in the loop.... TK
That's good to hear TK.

Regards
Old 02-12-2020, 12:34 PM

Congrats.. lets hope you stay in good health
Old 02-18-2020, 02:27 AM

That's good news buddy. It sure would be hard to explain a scan at the airport if they left some tools in there.